Unidentified Russian emigration badge OΠВБ� or OΠВБД ?

WRANGEL

Hello Chuck,

Thanks for helping me. It is a rather small badge, circa 20-22 mm. It has a pin with catch on the back, there is no maker's mark. Probably circa 1930-40.

As soon as I will put the hand on the badge (I have moved this summer and have no idea where are some of my badges) I will post a photo from the back.

Cheers

Bill

Here is what my friend wrote.  Be kind.  English is the least of his seven languages.

Dear Brother! As I also assumed, it is a memorable badge, no more than that. It is quite possible that the owner is right when says that he is made in 1930-1940. The matter is that on April 21 birthday of Catherine the Great, Russian Empress. From this I draw a conclusion that the sign is connected with this day in 1765. I looked at history of the Imperial palace and found here that...

• On April 21 - birthday of the Empress

after a lunch at 7 o'clock in the evening in "The first anti-camera" the small theater on which the opera on the French dialect ("Moneychanger") (1753) was submitted by juvenile court choristers was constructed. Jeanne-Joseph Vade's libretto (1719-1757) composer Antoine Dovern (1713-1797). This opera was repeated the same structure on April 23 and 24. Among juvenile court performers there was Dmitry Bortnyansky. In 1765 to it 14 years were executed, but he in 1764 performed the main part — "tsar Ahmet" in Sumarokov's opera of "Altsest".

On other sources, juvenile court choristers executed the French opera "Letroker". Since then at this theater before construction stone "opera"" the top garden, theatrical representations almost weekly were given.

And one more fact....
On April 21 "The amber room at Catherine II was a favourite place for evening meetings. Here the intimate circle of courtiers was engaged in gambling, meanwhile, as in the next Picture hall tables for a dinner prepared. Here on April 21, 1765, at birthday of the empress I occurred game at what in the yard "from guard there was a congratulation a drumbeat  
More no events at birthday of the queen occurred. I think a sign is connected with these events