News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Show your medal bars with the Cross of Honor for widows and orphans / Ehrenkreuz für Witwen und Weisen

Dear forumites,

I wanted to present to you a small and simple medal bar, but with a quite uncommon combination of awards. You don't see so often the cross of honor for widows and parent's of the fallen soldier on a medal. 

Please feel free to show yours.

ciao,

Claudio

IMG_0310.thumb.JPG.d7ae7eb669ee4211705b4

IMG_0312.thumb.JPG.638c05c7b1db56c477098

• 5 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

What do we have here..

Some kind of selfmade non combatant medal bar. The lipper cross and the IC were missing, so i replaced them, not

in the best condition but living history.

I always like the Wuerttemberg Charlotte cross very much!

SDC15400.JPG

Edited by ixhs

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

No, he could only get one cross.

When he wanted to have a cross (he had to apply for it), he must decide: the cross for his own military service, or a cross for his fallen son/s (Elternkreuz).

"Die Verleihung mehrerer Ehrenkreuze an ein und die selbe Person ist unzulässig."

Uwe

Thats interesting, I missed that. For some reason I had thought I had seen a bar with the fathers cross and the angehörige as well

A few bars do exist with more than one cross on them. Although not official, I imagine it wasn't hard for a determined person to get hold of the one they didn't apply for with millions of them floating around.