News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

JFS Grade IV (75) GAB.

Ned,

Nice looking badge, did it cost you your soul?

Jock :)

​Hi Jock, hope you're well mate!;)

It certainly wasn't cheap, but after taking advice from some other collectors who are more au fait with higher end awards I was told the price was good as these are currently getting harder to find in any condition. I don't plan on selling it yet, in fact in over 12 years collecting I've never sold or traded a single item in my collection as I try to buy the best I can rather than upgrade.

Cheers, Ned.

That is certainly the best way to go when collecting.

What a stunner, Ned... Probably the best I've ever seen.

​Thanks a lot! Here's a few other items I've picked up over the last few years.

Hi Jeremy,

Yes that's right, it's a type 1.1.1. Here's all my Juncker PAB's at the moment, from L-R: A 1.1.2b, a couple of 1.1.1's and a hollow zinc 1.1.4 in bronze.

Regards, Ned.

Ned,

I am still a cheap skate and worry about spending more than a crate of beer on a hobby.

Only a load of junk this week end badge wise but I tend to steer clear as the copies are getting too good regardsless of all the publications that seem to be spewing out these days.  Who to trust when most have a vested interest?  I don't think you care about getting your money back and do this for the history Ned?

Jock :)

That's right Jock. I wouldn't choose militaria as an investment that would more or less guarantee a good return, I prefer property leases and suchlike for that. My collection is purely focussed on the historical element, that's what really interests me. Although I do admit to buying the best I can, it's very rare these days to find a real bargain, and my main concerns are whether a piece is genuine or not. For me the research of these pieces of brass, aluminium and zinc, real or fake, is the real draw that interests me above any monetary value. I also enjoy helping other collectors out when I can, that's a really big part of the enjoyment for me. I can afford to do it so I choose to follow that course.:)

Regards, Ned.