News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I am sure I have posted this before.....sorry if I have, We have  Franz Gerdelmann serving with Garde Pioneer Ersatz Battalion, 2 Ersatz Kompanie and 3 Ersatz Kompanie, Minenwerfer School and Minenwerfer Kompanie 282, Transferred to Kommando 1 Abteilung, 2 Matrosen Division

am I missing anything interesting, signatures? service? many thanks, Paul

gerdelmann1.jpg

gerdelmann2.jpg

gerdalmann7.jpg

gerdalmann3.jpg

gerdalmann4.jpg

gerdalmann5.jpg

gerdalmann6.jpg

Hello.

Inscription that the Articles of War had been read to him in addition to the date he was sworn in is interesting.

In 1917 he was temporarily discharged from military service ( Dienstleistung unter der Waffe) until April, 1918 for civilian work in Papenburg . Construction of war vessels?

Bernhard H. Holst

Hello.

I believe he was employed in shipbuilding. Still today Meyer shipbuilding is important in Papenburg ( presently cruise ships ). As you know tanks were built in such small numbers during WW I as to have hardly made an impact and were most likely built in other, steel related industrial centers such as the Ruhr area.

Bernhard H. Holst