News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Rhodesian Buttons

guBulawayo

Are there any collectors of Rhodesian uniform buttons on this group? I would like to swap notes with anyone who does. I have a collection of around 300 different buttons so far (diff units, sizes, makers mark, material etc), military and non military such as schools, clubs, conpanies, etc - Photo below shows my BSAP collection before I re mounted it -  Regards Wayne.

DSCF0821.JPG

Edited by guBulawayo
    correction

Hi Stuka, happy to have a look at whatever Rhodesian stuff you have if possible, just to see whats out there mainly. I am working through the one or two references I have and hope to put together some notes on the various buttons - Wayne

Edited by guBulawayo

Hi Chris - Actually the 'now' looks worse really as I have split that sheet into two sheets for daily handling so just on thick card not the foam board as above - though they are now in better order with similar designs together, etc - I have another seven or eight similar boards with other Rhodesian buttons

With "notes" I understood it was bank notes you were looking for!

Sorry!

I don't think I have many doubles concerning Rhodesia.

Do you know button gourou from Malta?

cheers

|<ris

Col.Dudley Wall has written a series of books on UDI and earlier Rhodesian units.  He shows all equipment worn  -  including buttons.  Well worth having  copies.    Let me know if you need ref. numbers.?    Mervyn   (He was Rhodesian Forces and later SADF - as Col. in Intell.)

Hi Stuka, I am not necessarily looking to acquire buttons, but to see what other collectors have in case they have buttons I do not, which I would like to list in my database. If you can send pics of your Rhodesian collection for me to see that would be great please, I can send you an email address to send them to if you prefer, cheers Wayne

I don't mind putting them here.

Problem is that my parents in law just recently passed away and that my parents moved to a service flat; that means we got like two houses contents on top of ours...and my button collection is actualy buried somewhere under it all.........