• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a small group with boxes  

Hi everybody today I am an happy collector. I have received today the box for the Kriegsverdienstkreuz. I show here all my boxes from Reuss Christophe

One of mine, a REK3XmKr:  

Posted Images

Leutnant Campe (for the moment the Reuß cross is missing). But I show all I have, box, ribbon and medal bar

Christophe

It is noted how the frack medal bar and ribbon bar differ. I love how the pre-1934 medal bar is frack with ALL of the Saxon award ahead of the EK2, but the post-1934 ribbon bar is EK2 in front. (all very period and conforms with known construction techniques)

Anyone else enjoy that show of Saxon pride, and later conformity to national rules of precedence? I think that is really COOL!

Hi,

About the Saxon Frackspange, you are right. Several years ago I saw the medal, ribbon bar and Frackspange sold separatly on ebay. I missed the medal bar and the Frackspange. But by chance one of my friend has bought it and decided to sell it to me. I Have just to rebuilt it to be complete. But I have no idea where the medal bar is now. Just to say that both medal and ribbon bar have the same combo.

I have saved the photo, here is from my database

Christophe

Thanks a lot, but I'm not a pure Reuß collector. I've bought all those items because there is connection with Kingdom of Saxe. But, with time I can say now that I like to collect orders from that State. :rolleyes:

Christophe

Last one for the moment :

Ribbon bar from Major Hermann Keil with Ehrenkreuz 3. Kl. m.X u. Kr.

Christophe

I really like this one Christophe!

What an impressive collection. :cheers:

Best wishes

Matt

Thanks Matt, note that the crown and swords device is in silver. A real gem.

Hi JB, nice display. I like a lot the purple ribbon of the Reuss peacetime medal. You need to buy some Ehrenkreuz peacetime this time :whistle:

Christophe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

Today is a great day for my collection. Indeed, I have received this morning the last medal I need to complete the Campe medal bar. Now it is complete. It takes me a long time but now it is finished. :jumping:

Now it's time for me to find a new gem for my collection

Christophe

Hi everybody,

Today is a great day for my collection. Indeed, I have received this morning the last medal I need to complete the Campe medal bar. Now it is complete. It takes me a long time but now it is finished. :jumping:

Christophe

Very, very nice !!!

Congratulations !

:jumping:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi everybody,

Christophe

What is the Saxon Connection?

It seems to be on most of the bars,

best

Chris

Heinrich XXVII, the reigning Prince of Reuss j.L. and regent of Reuss ä.L., was à la suite Saxon JB 13. 3

Also, Reuss ä.L. and the Reuss-Schleiz part of Reuss j.L. border Saxony. As an aside, here is a view at the current border on the road between Greiz and Reichenbach im Vogtland.