News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Many of you may remember my true Imperial love was always the St. Henry Order.

A dear old friend has offered me some Saxon bars that were once in my collection, anonymous bars, but St. Henry nonetheless...... I had a settled on a St. Henry bar when this image showed up in my in box.

I could not remember who I sold this too, but it has the possibility of coming back home to me.

So what would you choose?

St. Henry, or this little beauty?

241141.jpg

Once in a while a couple items come along that both just need to be secured for your collection.  This may well be one of those times.  If not then it sounds like the St. Henry is the wisest choice.

Regards

Brian

If you can at all: BOTH !!

Personally, I like the "Saxon trio" as well. 

But that also depends on whether you already have a Saxon trio w/EK2 in your collection.  Major point; the HEM w/1914 clasp that is MOUNTED must be somewhat rare. 

Rick Research scan

241143.jpg

Hello Rick:

EXTREMELY rare indeed!  But the St. Heinrich is SO BEAUTIFUL!  Not an easy choice.  Not many collectors care about rarity.  The St. Heinrich will always be in demand.  So you really can't let it (the St. Heinrich) go if you have to choose one.

Best regards,

The Saxon Trio is nice, but it is not nearly as rare as the other.  Assuming Cristophe hasn't already cornered the market, you could relatively easily come across another bar with the trio at some point, but not likely the other.

That said, my own preference is combatant decorations to front-line soldiers and junior officers, so I would personally prefer the trio.  I suppose it really comes down to what sort of decorations you prefer in your collection.

I don`t understand the meaning of a part of your posting but i think it means that you will buy both.

If yes - you are a typical collector.

But i would have done the same.... and don`t tell it your wife. :D

Edited by ixhs