Hello!
I have this Militärpaß (changed into Reichswehr-Paß) of a Jäger from Hannover.

He served in different units, and fought in Rumania, France, Tyrol, Belgium, Italy and Serbia.

There is an intersting entry from 1920 too!

"Vom 14.3.-10.5.20 Unterdrückung der Unruhen im rheinisch-westfälischen Industriegebiet"

(Oppression of the commotions in the industrial area of Rhineland-Westfalia)

Scannen0001.jpg

Scannen0002.jpg

Edited by The Prussian

Here is another Jäger (Res.Jg.Btl.10), who had seen a lot (later he was unfortunately wounded by a shot in the lungs)

He saw: Tyrol (in fall 1915 - so he surely did wear the Edelweiß!), Serbia, greek border, Verdun, Fort Vaux, Fleury, Thiaumont, Rumania, Vulkan-Pass, Hermannstadt, Roter-Turm-Pass

Scannen0003.jpg

Edited by The Prussian

And stil another one from the bicycle-bataillon Nr.6

Hartmannsweiler Kopf, Waldkarpathen, Bukarest, Flandres, baltic Islands, Livonia and Estonia (as police-force)

Scannen0004.jpg

Sorry, I put it in "Freikorps". Could someone move it into the right thread? Thanx!

Wow... I like all of them, but the 2ns one takes the cake! :-)

Nice selection!

Was there a transfer from the Battalion to the Freikorps? i.e. a direct connection between the two? I have an EK2 doc to the unit ater the war...

Hi Chris!
As far as I know, the bataillon held its number and became Reichswehr-Jäger-Bataillon 10. It was under command of the Reichswehr-Brigade 10.

In the early Reichswehr (since october 1919) it became II.(Jäger)/RW-Inf.Rgt.20 Brausnchweig

Note, that the bataillon saved its "Jäger" name

The first pass belongs here as it has the Weimar/Freikorps service for the Suppression of Unrest in the industrial area of Rhineland-Westfalia which was a trade union/communist uprising in the Ruhr region in 1920. The Reichswehr/Freikorps attempted suppression in the Ruhr coincided with the Lüttwitz-Kapp Putsch in Berlin, the attempted suppression of the Thuringia workers uprising and the von Hahr Putsch in Munich. All the Reichswehr/Freikorps actions were complete failures. While obviously not indicated in the pass, your Jäger and his unit were forced to retreat by the onslaught of the workers.

Edited by bolewts58

The first pass belongs here as it has the Weimar/Freikorps service for the Suppression of Unrest in the industrial area of Rhineland-Westfalia which was a trade union/communist uprising in the Ruhr region in 1920. The Reichswehr/Freikorps attempted suppression in the Ruhr coincided with the Lüttwitz-Kapp Putsch in Berlin, the attempted suppression of the Thuringia workers uprising and the von Hahr Putsch in Munich. All the Reichswehr/Freikorps actions were complete failures. While obviously not indicated in the pass, your Jäger and his unit were forced to retreat by the onslaught of the workers.

Hi!
Unfortunately you´re right... There were heavy losses by the Freikorps units. But here in this area a lot of people were (and stil are) red.
I live in the centre of those actions...

559121043b3d1_10reichswehrjger.thumb.jpgHere you go..... 

That´s a nice piece, Chris. Note the late date. 9/18.

The Bataillon was under command of the Schützen-Bataillon Pflugradt

That´s a nice piece, Chris. Note the late date. 9/18.

The Bataillon was under command of the Schützen-Bataillon Pflugradt

The EK document was almost certainly for Freikorps service, not for WWI service.