King Milan's Medal Bars & Decorations

I think they are awarding only documents, otherwise we would probably have the opportunity to see the orders on website of Hereditary Prince of Montenegro, Serbia and Albania. 
Awarding ceremonies, images found on HRH Prince Predrag Jakovljevic De Obrenovic of Serbia FB page.
12068602_518047428362015_8257855760591576438_o.jpg12140135_518047431695348_4486105652254449740_o.jpg12356839_533205676846190_5632524678690374267_o.jpg12370719_533205753512849_263343731575196184_o.jpg

23 hours ago, paja said:

I think they are awarding only documents, otherwise we would probably have the opportunity to see the orders on website of Hereditary Prince of Montenegro, Serbia and Albania. 
Awarding ceremonies, images found on HRH Prince Predrag Jakovljevic De Obrenovic of Serbia FB page.

Thanks for these photos, Paja. I find these 'pretenders' (in every sense!) fascinating. btw what does the Order with the red ribbon, which they are all wearing, purport to be, do you know? 

On 01/08/2016 at 15:21, paul wood said:

Could be Churchill's grandson will claim the Serb throne:D

If he does, they will have to widen it - Sir Nicholas is rather well nourished :) 

1 hour ago, paja said:

I did a little research and stumbled upon it on FB in a folder named "Insignie of St. Michael Order of Knights".
Photos can also be found here.

Thanks for solving the riddle, Paja. Thanks also for the link - although I fear that I am going to spend much of the rest of the afternoon browsing the web site it links to :(

Don't mention it, maybe we shouldn't talk about people who look like they came straight out of Kubrick's "Eyes Wide Shut" :D

Edited by paja

Portrait by Đorđe Krstić (Ђорђе Крстић) from 1902. 
Order of the Holy Sepulchre and Order of Miloš the Great are visible. I believe king Milan was buried with these two orders.
The painting was heavily damaged by Bulgarian troops during WW1, canvas was cut and pierced with edged weapons. 
Fortunately it was restored to its former glory.
01.jpg02.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 30.07.2016 at 20:41, paja said:

I stumbled upon this remarkable photo on ebay.
s-l1600.jpg

His right side:
1) Montenegrin Order of Danilo
2) French Legion of Honor 
3) Italian Order of Saints Maurice and Lazarus
4) Romanian Star

Around the neck: Russian Order of St. George 

His left side:
1) Austro-Hungarian Order of St. Stephen
2) Order of Takovo
3) Russian Order of St. Andrew?
4) Ottoman Order of Osmanieh 
5) Austro-Hungarian Order of Leopold
6) ???

Medals:
7) Wars for Liberation and Independence Commemorative Medal
8) Romanian Medal of Military Virtue
9) Romanian Defenders of Independence Medal 1877-78

Photo was made in Novi Sad, part of Austria-Hungary back then. Based on that I think he's most likely wearing sash of the Order of St. Stephen. My guess is that the photo was made in the early 1880s.

Some photo ?

67965D89-BE51-4EE0-B51F-BE3F3366DD46.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...