News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW1 commemorative doument

This type of commemorative documents are often encountered, at least the German ones. I don't know if it was common practise to have these made right after the war and in the early 20's. Evedently they became popular after 1933, the recipient's awards was normally accounted for and the Frontk?mpfer Kreuz is more than often present.

The document shown here is what I believe Belgian. I've tried to find some date of issue, but no luck. If anyone has an idea about the time-frame of this document, I'm all ears.

KR

Peter

nice document!

such documents with a large picture/print where used for special medal-documents, as honor document (for a got raid and as commemorative documents (as there are the dates of ww1 on, i think this is only for commemorative purpose) but still very nice, as the people decorating their wall with it, where very proud on the soldier who got it.

it would be great, if the forum can help to find out more about it!

christian

Hello Peter,

I do like that, very nice indeed.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about them but have seen similar at fairs in France or Belgium.

Do the soldiers actually have the lion badge?

Tony

Tony, if you're talking about the insignia on the helmets, I'm afraid I can't help you. With some imagination I suppose it could be both the Belgian type with the crown as well as the French with the bomb and RF.

Christian, let's hope your wishes come through :beer:

KR

Peter

• 9 months later...

Tony, if you're talking about the insignia on the helmets, I'm afraid I can't help you. With some imagination I suppose it could be both the Belgian type with the crown as well as the French with the bomb and RF.

Christian, let's hope your wishes come through :beer:

KR

Peter

Hello Peter,

I think following thread would be helpful:

Belgian Adrian

Kind regards,

Jef