News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW2 Pilot Uniform

• Replies 53
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

Yes, Awesome Powers Of Goodness (assisted by Epson 2400 series scanner)

That is the only regulation silk sleeve wings I've ever seen. Even then Colonel Stepanov in his excellent book "Soviet Arm Badges, 1920-91 (I)" reports that the REGULATION silk insignia was invariably bullion to the point where he'd never seen anything else either!

The cap, what a beauty, scans do not due it justice, was made in 1942 at the Red Partisan Factory in the city of Komsomol'sk on the Amur-- a looooooooooong way from home! Smock made at the Red May Factory in Leningrad in 1941-- probably just as the 900 days siege was starting :speechless1: -- and the breeches in November 1940 in (?) Tumansk.

Am waiting for a good sunny day for "ghost image detecting" on what the two badges were.

I really use to equate Soviet with crude. But the attention to detail on even things as inconsequential as a rank brick, or a unit device is just unbelievable......... I am very much enjoying learning about this rather exciting new area!

I really use to equate Soviet with crude. But the attention to detail on even things as inconsequential as a rank brick, or a unit device is just unbelievable......... I am very much enjoying learning about this rather exciting new area!

Rick, i really enjoy it too very much. I can?t believe, i haven?t started immediately with Soviet Stuff and would have skipped the Mini-Collecting :speechless: Altough, they were nice too.

• 1 month later...
    Guest Rick Research

Eez not pockets. His tabs are like then-enlisted type edged in black, not gold tape= commissar, in combination with the insignia.

• 9 months later...

Are you really thinking that there could be a factory named RED PARTIZAN in 1942 ???

at the Komsomolsk-na-Amure???

The city was founded in 1930, and in 1938 there were only 8-9 thousands of people there.

The one and only sewing factory was built in K-n-A during 1951-1955..........................