News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Prince Osman Fuad as a Prussian Hussard

Elmar Lang

Hello,

on the past weekend, I've paid a visit to the flea market of Piazzola sul Brenta; one of northern Italy's best places for collectors of any field (including militaria, orders and decorations).

There, I've had the chance to buy a portrait photo of prince Osman Fuad, wearing the field grey uniform of a prussian Hussard regiment, and various high orders and decorations.

The cardboard base, bears the autographed signature/date:

Osman Fuad

Prinz des Osmanischen Reiches

Searching the web, I've learnt that this man had a very interesting life.

Best wishes,

Enzo (E.L.)

Osman Fuad.jpg

Edited by Elmar Lang

Fascinating story, Enzo. Historical anomalies like this one are always interesting (although I suppose a Turk serving in the Imperial German army isn't such a surprise, considering their respective military links).

• 1 year later...
    On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2015 at 07:40, Trooper_D said:

Fascinating story, Enzo. Historical anomalies like this one are always interesting (although I suppose a Turk serving in the Imperial German army isn't such a surprise, considering their respective military links).

Hello Trooper_D.

Prince Osman Fuad was sent to Germany to study at the Military Academy in Potsdam. After graduation, he joined the Imperial Guard of Hussars, where he held the rank of captain. So it does explain his uniform.

• 1 year later...
    On 31/07/2015 at 01:21, Elmar Lang said:

There, I've had the chance to buy a portrait photo of prince Osman Fuad, wearing the field grey uniform of a prussian Hussard regiment, and various high orders and decorations.

Hello Elmar Lang,

Users arb and Dave Danner were of great help identifying various persons in a photo that I recently posted. Osman Fuad is present and wearing the hussar uniform in Germany. I thought that this might be of some interest to you. 

Regards,

Kilday