News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

zhis pic has popped up on a few sites recently.... I think it is a Movie Theater photo?

Somehow it does not have the "look" of period photos, the guy looks a bit hefty, the rifle looks wrong, the Material (film and photo paper) also looks a bit more modern than WW1 era....

On top of that, the logo and writing at the bottom make it look as if a studios logo has been cut off ?

What do you guys think?

ask.jpg

Hi,

zhis pic has popped up on a few sites recently.... I think it is a Movie Theater photo?

Are you picking up a German accent? :)

I reckon you're right, it looks like the sort of quality you see from 1950s/60s films and is the word 'produktion' in the bottom right corner?

• 1 year later...

hello all,

the photo shows Bayme Mohamed Husen! A former Askari. He fought together with his father for Lettow-Vorbeck in WW1

His father was KIA and Bayme Mohamed Husen was taken POW in 1917

The photo shows him as an acteur for the movie "Die Reiter von Deutsch-Ostafrika"!

Best regards