News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Montenegro "simple" awards, Roma 1920's ?

Well the Christmas Uprising in Montenegro in 1919 was helped by Italy. Most of the rebels fled there after the uprising was crashed. These must be similar to Montenegro Order of Freedom from 1919...only way more collectible

There are several versions of this medal. The first two were created in 1876 (more or less) in Naples and Taranto. The first one has a blank back side, but the leaves, while the second has the word TARANTO.  Brambilla's book (first part, second edition) has the pictures and the description of both at page 418.

Later another similar medal was made, I don't know when and where, with the name of Giuseppe Garibaldi on the back.

The last one, as far as I know, is this one. Made in Naples with the same front side of the previous, the back has the years 1870-1920 and was made to celebrate the fifty years since the joining of Rome to Italy (20 sept 1870)

Unfortunately I can't find any information on those medals. The only book I have that deals with Montenegrin decorations is Milan Jovićević's "Crnogorska odlikovanja" (Montenegrin decorations) and there's nothing on them there. 

Anyway I just wanted to thank you for sharing those rare pieces with us!

Thank you ! 

May be gentlemen's from Italy can help - medal bar belong to COMANDANTE DEI POMPIERI DEL GENIO MILITARE A  TRIPOLI capitano GIOVANNI VITIELLO , born 1899 . 

image.png

image.png

OR medalsbar was belonged to father of Giovanni - Costantino Vitiello ? 

Seller not give me more information ... 

( I think on medalsbar was another first and second  awards ) 

image.jpeg

• 11 months later...