News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Spanish Franco regime shoulder boards

Weixiang Liu

Hi guys,

I've recently obtained a pair of shoulder boards which bear the coat of arms of the Francoist Spain, but am unable to identify the position or rank related to it.I think we might be able to rule out it being a party related position either as the Falange had their own shoulder boards which bore their own party crest, like Serrano Suner's. 

Was wondering then if anyone had any idea whether this pair of shoulder boards relate to any specific rank or position under Franco's regime. Thanks!

Weixiang

12068842_10153109392322344_7945094445562253580_o.jpg

• 1 year later...

Boris : The shoulderboards are of a franquist era Police commisioner . Usually this branch of the Police wears civilian clothes but they have uniforms too . The branch name was Cuerpo general de Policia , later Cuerpo superior de Policia . The old Policia Armada of the Franco years was renamed Cuerpo Nacional de Policia . finally they merged the Cnp with the CSP and formed the today Policia Nacional . 

• 6 months later...

Boris : The shoulder boards ARE Policial . I dont said that Serrano Suñer wears the same type of shoulderboards . Falange shoulderboards were of rectangular form ,pointed ,of black cloth piped red silver or gold , and after the unification of falangists jonsists and carlists carried on the st Andrew cross and one two or three red silver or gold yokes .most commonly the  SBs carried in place of the cross the yoke and arrows emblem in red . The breast insignia of Serrano denotes his rank , over all the yoke and arrows then two four pointed silver stars (luceros ) and finally three yokes . Only Franco carried three luceros . as Caudillo and Jefe Nacional

Boris : thanks for the links , in the last site http mundomilitaria a forist stares clearly that Serrano in Hendaya weared El uniforme del Movimiento . that is of Falange . coincides with me .As minister Serrano weared always the uniform of a Jerarca , of Falange . in summer and winter versions . normally with peaked cap . perhaps he disliked the red beret of Carlist origin.