News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Berkshire Yeomanry Question

Hi, im trying to establish if this item is associated with the Berkshire Yeomanry. It came with a collection of old and relatively scarce military badges so I had wondered if it was Berks Yeo

Peter

DSCF3842.JPG

Edited by newbee

Peter,

Certainly bears a resemblance to a Berkshire Yeomanry badge but a very strange metal and stone configuration and also there appears to be no method of affixing this item to anything!

The stone reminds me of those used in Scottish edged weapon hilts but this is of no help when trying to identify this piece.

What size is the badge please?

Regards Simon.

• 2 years later...

Peter,

Sorry for replying some 3 years later... but I only just joined today and its my first post!

I think I can safely say this is not Berkshire Yeomanry, and not even militaria? I am very close to the Berkshire Yeomanry museum in Windsor and go there regularly. While it is similar in design to the Hungerford Star I have never seen jewellery like this.

The 8 pointed star is correct but the way it joins the crescent is wrong and

Similar to Hungerford Star is also used by Portsmouth Tram conductors and Portsmouth Police constabulary.

My guess would be more likely to be jewellery from Egypt, North Africa or even Turley?

Good hunting

Wayne

Silver Officer collor dogs.jpg