News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW2 Phippine medals/ badge during the japan occupation

dark379

• 1 month later...

Thank you Mr. Nick :beer:

On 1/11/2016 at 08:24, DRB 1643 said:

WOW! How long did it take you to put that collection together?

I think it takes more than 10 years :ninja: to collect it. those in the photo are still not complete. there are still more variation out there most of them are not in the book. like this medals

Also during the Corregidor and Bataan occupation in Philippines. 

medal 10.jpg

two types of Media/ Journalist propaganda medals in Philippines. Can see some sample of there news paper

media.jpg

newspaper 2.jpg

newspaper.jpg

like this one it is like a Bakelite material, weight is x5 lighter than the bronze ver.

1A.jpg

1B.jpg

Edited by dark379

Hi Mr. Paul, about the publishing I have no much connection to the book writers. My only contact is Mr. Earl Honeycutt, I just send some images and info to him about the unknown medal that are not seen in reference books and also help him for his 2nd edition which will be done for the next 2 to 3 years i think.

• 1 year later...

Very impressive - both the medals and the accompanying information.  You might consider cntacting OMSA - Orders and Medals Society of America - to see whether they have more information and /or whether they are interested in publishing an article on these medals if you are interested in writing one.  [ http://www.omsa.org/ ]

On 4/22/2017 at 07:06, peter monahan said:

Very impressive - both the medals and the accompanying information.  You might consider cntacting OMSA - Orders and Medals Society of America - to see whether they have more information and /or whether they are interested in publishing an article on these medals if you are interested in writing one.  [ http://www.omsa.org/ ]

Hi Sir Peter Monahan, thank you for the information and appreciation. I'll try to contact the OMSA if they are interested in publishing an article about those medals.

Thank you

On 4/24/2017 at 05:58, peter monahan said:

Not 'Sir', because I work for a living. ;)  Good luck with that.  I'm sure the OMSA members would be interested.

Thank you Peter Monahan. =)