Hello!
I recieved this wonderful photo!

We see a group of german soldiers in Turkey.

In the text a "Türkenbatterie" is mentioned. What about the helmet-band? It seems to be red (that would be cavalry - IF the colours haven´t been changed...)

I´d like to know if the unit was from the german-military-mission or from the asian-corps.

What could the unit stamp be? I only can read "Kospoli" (another name for Konstantinopel)

Thanx a lot!

Scannen0001.jpg

Asienkorps(Türkenbatterie, Tropenhelme).jpg

Edited by The Prussian

I´m not sure, Chris, but I think, it might be large letter. It could be an E or an F. To me it seems like an "Fü"ö.

Something with "Führung"???

I still need  a list of all units that served with the military mission. I haven´t found a list until now.

I seem to remember the Reichsarchive volume "Yilderim" had a break down of the units in one of the loose flyers at the back

No, Yildirim only shows the battle order of Pascha I and Pascha II since late 1916/1917.

I try to get the battle orders of the military mission. That was a different unit. Pascha I and II were active combat troops to fight in Palestine.

The military mission supported the ottoman army in engeneer, artillery, medic, forteresses and support matters.

Edited by The Prussian

Peter is a member here (I tought!?), try to get he's attention.

Wich Peter? We have a few Peters here. ..

Edited by The Prussian