News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bringing life to the EK

I am working on write ups for a bunch of Irom Cross documents....

How does this sound... story as told by the recipient..... I still need a couple of docs tocomplete the group....spr.thumb.JPG.0dcb49dcacb89b779848bc708a

.......On my orders my orderly takes a pair of shears and cuts off my foot which was still joined to the leg by some skin. They bind the wound as best they can.......

The artillery raged with an unbelievable ferocity. Towards evening, it must have been about 6pm, the drumfire stopped. I warned the sentry to keep alert. We all stood at the ready, grenades in hand. The sentry shouts “Sie Kommen!” I was first out of the bunker and stopped to fire flares to call in our artillery. My men pushed past and occupied the trench. The enemy was already so close I could not make it to the trench; I stayed in the sap with a handful of men and begin firing.

The enemy was about 20m away. I barely got off 10 rounds when I was knocked to the ground. I lost consciousness for a few moments, but then my head cleared. Looking down I noticed that my right foot is torn off. Both my thighs were shredded. Next to me lay Unteroffizier Seiling, victim of the same hand grenade. He was also missing a foot but was dead; he must have had other wounds.

The enemy seemed to have bypassed us and have entered our trenches. I crawled back to the bunker as best I could on hands and knees. With much effort I succeeded in reaching it. There I met a number of men, who had been wounded earlier, including my orderly. They took care of me and laid me on a mattress. On my orders my orderly took a pair of shears and cut my foot off, it was still joined to the leg by some skin. They bound the wound as best they could. I gave orders to make a fire and burn my effects