News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Orders Books: Editions & Series

Guest Rick Research

...A 1945 is always immediately identifiable, on sight, by its flat covers and stringy edges......

A few years more handling required to produce good quality string from this 45er -but it WILL come.... blush.gif

There's no bringing back the gold leaf however.. sad.gif

Marshall

• Replies 52
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

love.giflove.giflove.gif Hero of the Soviet Union!!!! jumping.gif

Have you gotten Zainetdik ohmy.gif Nizamutdinovich ohmy.gif Akhmetzyakov's ohmy.gif entry from the "Heroes" books? I don't have those.

I'd say "A" books are MOST often officers-- as if their paperwork was processed first. Not always, but most of the time. Whether it was 80:20 or 70:30 or 90:10 I don't know, but I'd say the large majority of "A" books were officers.

On the other hand, just from his awards, a Valor Medal in there makes me think maybe NCO.***

And don't we wish we knew whose Nomenklatura phone number was important enough to be written on the inside front cover!!!?

*** Ah, trick question, I see now from the Lenin thread! tongue.gif But I'm reading his name as "AkhmetzyaKov" and not "AkhmetzyaNov" because of the SLIGHT curling on the right side rather than straight up and down of the n's.

Edited by Rick Research

Hello Rick,

to edit post number 1

found an order book with

1947*-"Г": without photo but with a place for a photo, with black Soviet state seal on cover (*1947 date last page) middle quality bright red booklett, (Valiant Labour Medal awarded 10.05.1951 without s/n)

1966*-"Ж": with photo, with black Soviet state seal on cover (*1966 date last page) middle quality bright red booklett, (Distinguished Labour Medal awarded 5.11.1967 without s/n)

1967*-"З": without photo but with a place for a photo, with gold Soviet state seal on cover, (*1967 date last page) better quality dark red booklett, (Order Red Banner of Labour awarded 8.12.1973 s/n 885.020)

1991*-"M": without photo and without a place for a photo, with gold Soviet state seal on cover, nice quality booklett (*23.02.1991 date of award, Order of Oktober Revolution Nr.: 102.560)

regards

Andreas

Edited by Alfred

Guest Rick Research

EXCELLENT!!!! Thanks! beer.gif

Could you post your

1947 "G" book-- is it a NICE cover, or "stringy" bad quality?

and

1966 "Zh" book? That makes a WEIRD one, like the "G" books, because the only "Zh"s we've seen have been dated 1967, so that makes this one letter a two YEAR variant!

Also, was that for an Order of the Badge of Honor? ONE THIRD of all of them ever awarded were bestowed in MASS presentations 1966-67, and we now have three different editions/series for EACH of those two medal-a-minute cheeky.gif years! ohmy.gif

Also need to complete information on your "L", Dietrich!!!!

• 5 months later...

One to watch out for... A number of these walked out of government storage a few years back. Given that these are all blank, it's REAL easy for someone to add a new award to one of these books and make it "legit"... Just buyer beware!

Inside...

What's odd is that I had several of these blank ones and just sold this latter one. I found one that I kept and thought it was identical... turns out it's a different variation! Let me get some scans of it...

Dave

And the inside.

Just be wary when offered a medal without any other documentation that's a really high number. It could be legit (and neat!) BUT... what a great way to pass of say, a questionable Order of Courage when it has a "real" order book...

Dave

Guest Rick Research

1943 Goznak page please for the files! :beer:

An interesting thought about the consecutive serial numbers-- there's a gigantic gap in the very few from before the war, the even fewer DURING the war... and then the hundreds of thousands in the postwar paperwork avalanche!

• 5 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

:beer: I know that many of these letter-prefixes are simply printing runs, but am wondering when so very few turn up scattered so widely in time if perhaps some currently unknowable issuing source had "dibs" ona batch of blank Orders Books whcih sat in ONE desk drawer to be ever so slwoly used.

There are so MANY "G" Books that there doesn't seen to be any "reason" for the very few "D" books.

That's why I'm starting to think that SOMEDAY we may discover that specific ranges of Orders Books were used by specific groups (railways? fish processing plant workers? Industrial awards?....)

• 2 months later...

Maybe I missed unless I can be pointed to the document, can anyone please post scans of a medal certificate. What I am looking for in particular (but please not exclusively if you want to pst more :cheeky: )is a Goznak 1945 version ideally having Bravery and Combat service. This is the one has the black lettering on the front (I believe earlier versions had gold lettering). Also, how many pages should this doc contain and till what date (that you know of) where these booklets still being used. Is 1947 on a 1945 version plausible?

Great thread. One of the Red Bible's drawbacks is lack of information on award booklets....but then again, it would probably have ended up being twice it thickness.... Having said that....we'd all have bought it anyways! :D

Thanks guys,

Jim

Jim,

This is the best I can do its a 1946 Gonzak for a medal of bravery :unsure:

I cant get shot due the poor quality of a) my camera b) the document itself :jumping:

It has 8 pages

As Iam awar all order books for Bravey Combat service etc books have black lettering?

Order of Victory

Edited by order_of_victory