Uffz. Rohleder

Today 112 years ago today - the Russo-Japanese War

One Hundred Twelve Years ago today... 

On the night of february 8th 1904 the japanese fleet under Admiral Togo Haihachiro attacked the russian ships in Port Arthur... 

The war runs from February 8th 1904 till September 5th 1905 and endet with the Japanese Victory over the Tsaristic Russia.

Feel free to show us your Ruso-Japanese war related militaria. 

Greetings 

Stefan 

Here a 6 place ribbon bar from a First Sino-Japanese and Russo-Japanese war veteran. 

From left to right:

Order of the Sacred Treasure (Pink Variation) / Order of the Rising Sun / Order of the Golden Kite / First Sino-Japanese War Dispatch Medal / Russo-Japanese War Medal / Taisho Enthronement Commemorative Medal

3.jpg.de99e55949e42d8744710ba7c6499e1c.jpg

4.jpg.287f4408409428df032d10ae4eea82b0.jpg

And here the all know Russo-Japanese war Medal

1.jpg.4fb1be3c5fde255a403fbb2deca4eb86.jpg

3.jpg.add63ede4561ee6996f0539f9c4a05b3.jpg

I must confess to always feeling a guilty sense of glee when I read about this battle: the Russians getting thumped by a bunch of what they no doubt referrred to as 'primitives'.  Sorry, not very Chrisitian I know.  More importantly, I suppose, arguably one of the first truly 'modern' naval battles.

Hello!

A war, that will not be discussed so often today.

If someone, who speaks german, is interested in that war, I can recommend the following book:

Graf E. zu Reventlow: Der Russisch-Japanische Krieg (Army edition, 1906, 496 pages)

Scannen0001.jpg

3 hours ago, The Prussian said:

Hello!

A war, that will not be discussed so often today.

If someone, who speaks german, is interested in that war, I can recommend the following book:

Graf E. zu Reventlow: Der Russisch-Japanische Krieg (Army edition, 1906, 496 pages)

Scannen0001.jpg

:Cat-Scratch:

This looks like an interesting book.  Does it include any after-action reports on Russian ships that went to Tsingtau seeking repairs and medical aid?

Hello Claudius!

No, the last chapter is about the conquer of Sachalin.

But, this is the army-edition. There is a larger edition in three volumes, maybe you´ll find it there.

11 hours ago, The Prussian said:

Hello Claudius!

No, the last chapter is about the conquer of Sachalin.

But, this is the army-edition. There is a larger edition in three volumes, maybe you´ll find it there.

Ok!  Thanks for the information.