News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Show off your medal cases, not the medals

Oh yeah, remember that first one I posted? The "on it's way one"? This is what's inside! :jumping:

I'll have to take some photos of my measley collection of cased items (where's Ralph A when the subject of cased awards comes up?) and post them.

Rick...that Wurt Commanders class is really something. Weren't there something in the range of 18 or so of these awarded during WWI, and if this one comes from that time frame, do you have any details of who it was awarded to, and for what?

Regards,

Les

Gentlemen,

I would like to offer some cases not yet shown for your evaluation. I apologize for breaking the rules with my presentation of the first one, by showing the interior and it?s contents though.

As you can see, this unassuming looking case is for the Hohenzollern Carl Anton medal. Since we are studying the cases though, there is something about the interior which I think makes these particular cases unique. If you look closely at the third picture, you will notice that the interior contains a built up pad into which the medal is seated. This pad is made of a plastic-like material. I point this out for the benefit of those who may not be aware of it; as I was not back some years ago when I saw one and had a medal to go with it.

Live and learn,

Wild Card