News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

J.H. Dickinson R.E. BWM and Victory Medal (WW1)

I purchased these medals and some other history related to him off our local auction site. He was in the Royal Engineers Corps. Would be interested if anyone knows more. However, included in this lot was his razor and a few postcards to his children. All kept very well.

His full rank and numbers are : 264367 SPR J.H. Dickinson. R.E.

Trying to upload some pictures...

Dickinson.JPG

Dickinson2.JPG

Dickinson3.JPG

Edited by Chrisvo

Very nice!  I'm a little surprised he didn't keep any cap badges as well.  I especially like the old fashoined razor.  And I mean, old fashioned for WWI, I think, with the shorter blade, which I associate with the 19th century.  With his number on both sidrs and the case - very practical.

I can try but I can't promise anything, got a normal day to day camera that isn't great a focusing on intricate detail.

Edit: Nevermind, I can post the pictures from the auction...

1004176_160214185206_3.6.jpg

1004176_160214185239_3.7.jpg

1004176_160214185252_3.8.jpg

Edited by Chrisvo

James H Dickinson also served in the Royal Welsh Fusiliers with the number 52230 and was only entitled to a pair, so you have his full entitlement.

That's all I could find but it's a great little lot.

Tony

On 27 February 2016 at 18:21, peter monahan said:

Very nice!  I'm a little surprised he didn't keep any cap badges as well.  I especially like the old fashoined razor.  And I mean, old fashioned for WWI, I think, with the shorter blade, which I associate with the 19th century.  With his number on both sidrs and the case - very practical.

Thank you. A pity he didn't keep his badges.. or perhaps the family lost them at some point? Just nice to pick up a piece of history every now and again. I might even try shaving with his razor at some point. It's still sharp enough to remove some arm hair and has no chips so just needs a clean, hone and strop.

15 hours ago, Tony said:

James H Dickinson also served in the Royal Welsh Fusiliers with the number 52230 and was only entitled to a pair, so you have his full entitlement.

That's all I could find but it's a great little lot.

Tony

Thank you for the extra information. Makes some sense considering one of the cards has the Royal Welsh Fusiliers emblem on it.