News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

KS98 Officers and private purchase bayonets and knives

Agreed, but the number is just as unfitting for any european based units.

Given the fact that most German WW1 Militaria that was floating around South Africa 20-40 years ago had a colonial connection, especially bayonets, had a colonial connection, I think chances are way better it has a colonial collection.

I remember 2 KS98s we used to throw in the garden,

There is no way of proving anything, but the chances tilt towards it being a GSWA bringback... they were the standard souvenier for South African soldiers back then.

I must point out that all the KS 98 bayonets that were regimentally marked in German South Weat Africa and German East Africa . were marked ERFURT without fail .The earliest I have seen coming fro GSWA were marked 1904 and the latest were marked 1912.

EF Hörster KS 98 bayonets marked 1913 with wood grips have come out of German East Africa.These were not regimentally marked and were probably the lastshipment that made it go the colonies.They do come up occasionally in South Africa. As do the KS marked variety and the SCH DOA marked one's

Good morning Gentlemen 

Thank you all for the information - it seems this bayonet is causing a bit of a ruckus !

I would love to know exactly what and when,where and how - Piekenier I am willing to bring it to you for closer inspection if you are available ?

Regards

Daron 

Good morning Gentlemen 

Thank you all for the information - it seems this bayonet is causing a bit of a ruckus !

I would love to know exactly what and when,where and how - Piekenier I am willing to bring it to you for closer inspection if you are available ?

Regards

Daron 

Hi Piekenier

:D I'm in Babylon (JHB) so it might be a while - but If possible I will pop past 

Regards

Daron

Good morning Gentlemen 

Regards

Daron 

IMG_7398.JPG

Hi there 

It's very faint but the only marking I see is 484 on the crossguard and 484 on the scabbard 

At this stage I am willing to dig underneath the plating to see if there is anything else to be revealed

Any Aye's or nay's ?

Regards

Daron