News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Robert Snider

Hello Everyone,

I'm seeking any information on the following serviceman: Robert K. Snider.

He was awarded the following medals:

1. Army Commendation Medal 2. Army Good Conduct Medal 3. National Defense Service Medal 4. Vietnam Service Medal 5. RVN Cross of Gallantry 6. RVN Campaign Medal.

Unfortunately I do not have his service number or any other details on his service. Any help on researching this man's career would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks,

David

Thanks for your reply Paul.

Yes I have googled Mr Snider and I've have found one man that could match. I have found some obituaries for a Dr Robert K. Snider M.D. who served in Vietnam in 1968. However I'm reluctant to say that this is certainly the same man I'm looking for. Dr Snider was already a qualified Doctor when he served in Vietnam so I am assuming he was a commissioned officer. As the chap I'm looking for had the Good Conduct medal awarded for enlisted men I'm not sure if they are  one and the same. I suppose Dr Snider could have had enlisted service before being commissioned and I am assuming he served in Vietnam as a medical man. However it seems a waste to me if he didn't serve as a medical officer as surely there would have been a ongoing need for such qualified personnel. On another track Dr Snider served in MAVC Team 22. Could anyone tell me about this unit?

Regards,

David

During the Vietnam period officers were commission in a variety of ways. I know of two officers in Vietnam who had the GCM because of the pre-commissioning time. The name is rather common and maybe hard to pin down.

Thanks for your reply Paul.

The truth of the matter is that I may never know if Dr. Snider and the man I'm interested in are one and the same.

Maybe in the future more service documents may become more available and allow for more research.

Regards,

David

Hello Paul,

I am in the process of purchasing the six medals listed in the first post. 

The first two medals are named to 'Robert K. Snider'.

When the medal come my way I'll attempt to post a photograph of the group.

Regards,

David