News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi gents,

i have this Kriegschronik of a Reserve Lieutenant of the Inf.Reg.190, which is unfortunately stained with coffee, like it seems. Luckily only two of the stains expand into the actual picture. I thought about cleaning it, but i have been told to better leave it alone and thats probably the best advice. It´s still nice though. Take a look:

Kriegschronikschaefer1.jpg.e1213f2bc9a69

Text:

Kriegschronikschaefer2.jpg.0494ecb41be04

closeup of the stains. Chronic is obviously made by Anton Hoffmann, MunichKriegschronikschaefer.jpg.99253a4cf4722e

I really like the artwork on this piece. Were these made personally for every soldier or was there a "blueprint" of these Chronicles?

Interesting journey through the army.....from the infantry, to the Feldluftschiffertruppen, to the infantry again, to pilot training in the Fliegertruppen and then as an technical advisor for a flight school.

Chip

Really interesting. It seems he never finished the pilot training because of his crash. The injuries must have been severe.

He had the leave on the groud for the rest of the war. Not a satisfied situation.

Kind regards
    Alex

Edited by jaba1914

1.4.14 drafted
    Sept 14 Luftsch.Ers.Batl. Köln
    Nov 14 Feldluftsch. Truppe 5
    March 15 Inf.Rgt.13
    June 15 Inf.Rgt.190
    Dez 17 Pilot Training
    Apr 18 crash from 450 m
    -End of the war Abtl. Flieger Schule 2 in Russia
    was leading a Bürgerwehr attached to the Ulan.Rgt. Düsseldorf in spring 20

Metz, Beaucourt, Senne, Artois, La Bassee, Sennheim, Champagne, Somme, Artois, b.Lens, Cambraid usw.

This guy definately got around.

Thanks for the advice, Chris. I won´t try anything with it.