News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

Lempelius served as a one year volunteer in 1898 or so in Füs Regt 86. He got his Landwehr Dienstauszeichnung as Lt d. Res in the regiment in 1910.

In 1917 he was in the III Batl. Infanterie regiment 410.

Does anyone have any idea where he was in 1914-1916? I gues I.R. 84, 85 or Füs. Regt 86.

Thanks

Chris

Chris,

As you probably already know, Jürgen Kraus' 2 volumes on the infantry 1914/18 shows that LIR 84 had its own Ersatz Batl. and IR 410 was supported by I. Ers. IR 85.

FYI- Christian was born 21.04.1877 in Flensburg and leased the royal domain know as Nygarrd, Kr. Hadersleben from 1902, when it was acquired by the Prussian crown, until 1926.

Andy

Indeed, he has some nice land. In 1926 he was leasing the ground below...then bought it in 1945...

http://www.gut-oestergaard.de/gut-oestergaard/geschichte.html

Not a bad little place ;-)

I thought of the I.R. 84 connection because Busch has the formation of the I.R. 410 as I.Batl from 2. Ers batl I.R.31, II. Batl from Ers Bat I.R.85 and III. Batl from Ers. Bat I.R.84... and Lempelius took over this III Batl.

best

Chris