My EKI and EKII collection

Hi,

I would like to share my

2 piece EKI  (Deschlersohn) and

3 piece EKII collection (2 of them are magnetic) 

and would like to receive your opinios please.

Thanks.

Demir

P1080009.JPG

P1080010.JPG

P1080012.JPG

P1080013.JPG

P1080007.JPG

P1080008.JPG

EKI  (Deschlersohn) 1870

P1080014.JPG

P1080016.JPG

P1080017.JPG

P1080018.JPG

P1080022.JPG

EKII 1914 Magnetic (a)

P1080067.JPG

P1080068.JPG

P1080069.JPG

P1080070.JPG

P1080071.JPG

Hi Demir,

Sorry to say Deschlersohn EK1 is a repro. It appears mostly as 1870 fake, but rarely can be seen as 1914er (with the same crown and W style). Company Deschler & Sohn, Munich never marked its pieces with incorrect name Deschlersohn. They used "D" mark for Imperial pieces (they produced mostly Bavarian Militärverdienstkreuz) or (later) their PKZ (1) or LDO (L/10) code.

If you compare it with your original EK2s a and b, it is no match in quality, materials and construction. EK2 c is the same one piece fake as EK1.

Edited by kasle

Thanks for the remarks. I bought them when I was visiting Germany several years ago. I don't remember how much I paid but I think not so much. 

I also have these two magnetic EKIIs on ribbon bars.

The first set is with Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieges 1914-18  (KM&F), Turkish Liyakat and Glory/Industry Medal

Regards

Demir

P1080084.JPG

P1080085.JPG

P1080086.JPG

P1080087.JPG

P1080088.JPG

Edited by demir

• 1 year later...
On 3/21/2016 at 18:39, demir said:

Thanks for the remarks. I bought them when I was visiting Germany several years ago. I don't remember how much I paid but I think not so much. 

I also have these two magnetic EKIIs on ribbon bars.

The first set is with Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieges 1914-18  (KM&F), Turkish Liyakat and Glory/Industry Medal

Regards

Demir

P1080084.JPG

P1080085.JPG

P1080086.JPG

P1080087.JPG

P1080088.JPG

I guess that this group might be a staff officer seconded for service in Germany and so a non combattants EKII as that is a Ehrenkreuz für Kriegsteilnehmer...