News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some medals in a cigar box

Still working on the new house and not much time to spend on fora or on my search for militaria.

But still managed to lay hands on this box with medals.

Sadly the story is lost; all I know is the guy was called Albert and probably  served with the engineers.

barricadatie medailles albert 008.JPG

barricadatie medailles albert 011.JPG

A real shame that the name is lost to time, no engravings of any sort on these that could maybe re-lead us to Albert?

I just noticed a name on the cigar box label written in pen, reads something like Dybratin/Sybratin or Dibratin/Sibratin Albert, maybe a better look on the label might lead to something.

Edited by Rogi

4 minutes ago, Stuka f said:

Hey Rogi,

no it says "decoraties", that meens medals in flemish; so they are "Albert's medals"...nothing more....

Ahh I got a bit happy that we might lead to a last name :( , hope is dashed.

One final question, most of the medals (that I know of there) seem to be commonly awarded or available to most soldiers, is there any that might stand out (where members could track down a list and see if they correspond with an Albert?)

There is one (a unofficial, I never saw before) for all decorated men of the town of Berchem; a suburb of Antwerp.

He did a full term at the front in WWI (the front bars that comes on the sleeve) and he probably was a engineer, but that might still leave us many Albert's....

• 4 weeks later...