Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Very nice Morten! Interesting to note that the band are wearing the Feldbluse with Schwalbenneste and fingergloves, but the troops coming after them are comfortably wearing the Mantel. I can imagine the bansdsmen are not pleased...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Odulf,

 

Thanks for comment on My photo!🙂👏👏👏

 

Cheers,Morten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A NCO wearing the dress for shore based units, but with two remarkable features:

On the pleat of the left breast pocket, he is wearing the Baltenkreuz, a decoration not often seen on the navy uniform. The Baltenkreuz was instituted 1919 for volunteers who fought the Bolsheviks in the Baltic area (NW Russia). About 22.000 of these crosses were issued.

He is not wearing the regular boots for NCOs, but (Army Artillery) boots, with a strap over the foot, possibly these were privately obtained, but in combination with a Navy uniform not often seen.

 

KM - 349x - Uffz mit Baltenkreuz (1940).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Odulf said:

A NCO wearing the dress for shore based units, but with two remarkable features:

On the pleat of the left breast pocket, he is wearing the Baltenkreuz, a decoration not often seen on the navy uniform. The Baltenkreuz was instituted 1919 for volunteers who fought the Bolsheviks in the Baltic area (NW Russia). About 22.000 of these crosses were issued.

He is not wearing the regular boots for NCOs, but (Army Artillery) boots, with a strap over the foot, possibly these were privately obtained, but in combination with a Navy uniform not often seen.

 

KM - 349x - Uffz mit Baltenkreuz (1940).jpg

Odulf thanks for sharing this beaty 👍😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, nice photo!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

Breast Protector (Brustschoner) Used for Protected uniform during Traning and weapon service!

 

Best,Morten.

img753 (2).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, nesredep said:

Hello,

 

Breast Protector (Brustschoner) Used for Protected uniform during Traning and weapon service!

 

Best,Morten.

img753 (2).jpg

Nice shot Morten, thanks for sharing. 

Fernando 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice one Morten. Interesting to see that he wears a brand new belt, the threads of the stitching are not yet blackened with polish and the buckle is untouched, in greyish green. He has a new uniform, probably recently transfered from the fleet. Can you see what badge is on his shoulderstraps?

Edited by Odulf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Odulf said:

Nice one Morten. Interesting to see that he wears a brand new belt, the threads of the stitching are not yet blackened with polish and the buckle is untouched, in greyish green. He has a new uniform, probably recently transfered from the fleet. Can you see what badge is on his shoulderstraps?

Hi Odulf,
Thanks for the comment. Not unusual to see such a new belt. Shoulderboards show the 5th Costal Artillery Battalion.

 

Cheers,Morten.

img756 (2).jpg

Hello,

 

This Costal Artillerie Wearing Duty Badges (Dienstabzeichen) and Pistol Holster for pistol 7,65 mm.

 

Cheers,Morten.

img752.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, nesredep said:

Hi Odulf,
Thanks for the comment. Not unusual to see such a new belt. Shoulderboards show the 5th Costal Artillery Battalion.

 

Cheers,Morten.

img756 (2).jpg

Hello,

 

This Costal Artillerie Wearing Duty Badges (Dienstabzeichen) and Pistol Holster for pistol 7,65 mm.

 

Cheers,Morten.

img752.jpg

Thanks Morten, the Destroyer War Badge [Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen] was established 4 June 1940, but the shoulderstraps with crossed anchors and Roman numerals (as here for Marineartillerieabteilung 5) became obsolete in March 1939 (replaced by the general MAA crest of the flaming granade on the anchor). Another example that the 'old' stype shoulderstraps were continued in wear for a long period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, LarryT said:

Nice Morten. Here is another.

img358.jpg

Nice Photo Larry!

5 hours ago, Odulf said:

Thanks Morten, the Destroyer War Badge [Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen] was established 4 June 1940, but the shoulderstraps with crossed anchors and Roman numerals (as here for Marineartillerieabteilung 5) became obsolete in March 1939 (replaced by the general MAA crest of the flaming granade on the anchor). Another example that the 'old' stype shoulderstraps were continued in wear for a long period.

Thanks for Comment Odulf.Great information,thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

Costal Artillerie Wearing Duty Badges  (Dienstabzeichen)

Kriegsmarine Pistol Holster for Pistol 7,65mm (Rare)

Hope you like this photo!

 

Best,Morten.

img752.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nesredep said:

Hello,

 

Costal Artillerie Wearing Duty Badges  (Dienstabzeichen)

Kriegsmarine Pistol Holster for Pistol 7,65mm (Rare)

Hope you like this photo!

 

Best,Morten.

img752.jpg

Rare pic Morten, thanks for sharing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SICHERHEITSDIENTS said:

Rare pic Morten, thanks for sharing 

Thanks My Friend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Blog Comments

    • Brian, Thanks for initiating this discussion. For me, it’s a combination of the thrill of the chase, the history behind the item, and the aesthetics, although this latter factor may seem a bit strange to some. To illustrate this, the very first thing I collected as a kid in the 1950’s was a Belgian WW1 medal, for service in 1914-18, which is bell shaped, with a very striking profile of a very dignified soldier, wearing an Adrian helmet which bears a laurel wreath. It was the image that
    • Thank you for sharing your story, it was most interesting and greatly appreciated, it makes this blog well worth the time to post. Regards Brian  
    • Hello I started collecting when I found my first Mauser cartridges in a field next to my parents' house next to Armentières. I was eight years old.  Then shrapnel, schrapnell balls, darts... That's how I became a historian. When I was 18, we used to walk through the fields with a metal detector to find our happiness. It was my time in the army as a research-writer in a research centre that made me love the orders of chivalry. I've been collecting them for 24 years now. Christophe
    • Thank you for your most interesting comment. The thrill of the chase didn't interest me in the beginning but over time it started to overshadow the act of simply adding yet another medal or group to the collection. Regards Brian  
    • I know the way I got into collecting is like so many other people; through a sibling. I also know that my love of history is barely unique in a place like this. So I know I have a shared background with many people. A less shared area - perhaps - is that I've always loved the thrill of the chase. When I decide I want, say, a 1914 trio with an original bar, to a cavalry unit, the utter thrill of getting out there and, (a) finding groups that fit the criteria and, (b) comparing them re: ranks, uni
×
×
  • Create New...