21 minutes ago, nesredep said:

Hello Odulf,

Interesting photo and information.Here is a same photo from my collection!

Best,Morten.

img022h5u.jpg

img021.jpg

That's an interesting little photo Morten, a WW1 veteran, in the Navy uniform, with an Infantry Assault Badge. Not very common, and it makes me wonder what story is behind this picture. And also without device on the shoulder loops. 

Edited by Odulf
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The yellow embroidered badge on the SB had nothing to do with rank, it sigified only the branch (MAA, Flugmelde, SStA, Kraftfahr, etc.). The SB were never in black but in dark green, or from 1939 in u

Very nice combination. Cheers, Larry  

What you say Larry, rare indeed, thanks for sharing!

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, dedehansen said:

Hi Odulf,

I think that the badge is the Marineartilleriekriegsabzeichen.

Kind regards
Andreas

I agree with you,he is wearing Marineartillerie Badge !

Well, if it is the Engine branch, it is rare and (to my idea) unpresidented as the obvious reference books do not mention it. The only thing that springs to mind with me is possibly a Fähnrich of the Engine branch. Intreagueing!

Edited by Odulf
19 hours ago, Odulf said:

Well, if it is the Engine branch, it is rare and (to my idea) unpresidented as the obvious reference books do not mention it. The only thing that springs to mind with me is possibly a Fähnrich of the Engine branch. Intreagueing!

A closer view but very blurry.

Cheers,

Larry

rr.jpg

On 31/10/2020 at 18:12, Luftsport said:

Coastal Artillery but blank black shoulderboards? I assume its the lowest rank?

Photo_1579187892724.jpg

Hello,

I have a similar photo in my collection showing Dark Green Shoulder boards.

best,Morten.

Hello,

Here is the photo sharing Dark Green Shoulderboard in wear

img023coll.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A pleasant meeting/fare well scene with beer at the train station in the war years.

The WW1 veteran Hauptgefreiter (right) is wearing a new field grey uniform with the ribbons of the Iron Cross 2nd Class (1914) & Hindenburg Cross, and the seldom seen in wear Verwundeten-Abzeichen (Wound Badge) of the German Imperial Navy (instituted June 1918). Between them, a greenish Kleidersack/Sesack (kit bag), on top not a cel phone but a wooden label holding details of the owner.

The Gefreiter (left) is wearing a very short blue Überzieher (Jacket), when issued the lower seam would be at the length of the sleeve, but it was fashionable to shorten the lower seam (and alter the side pockets).

KM - 355x.jpg

Hello Odulf,

You have a Very interesting photo sharing a strange rare short blue

Jacket.Here is My Kleidersack/Sesack with the same wooden holding on top with kable abouth the ovner.

Thanks for comment Larry!🍻

Best,Morten.

6AADFCE1-39EE-4B7E-BE73-ED9250792CBC.jpeg

3D581CC1-7398-4ED9-8BA0-17C2D1B9D261.jpeg

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

A nice studio portrait of a KM Gefreiter, but... the photographer took this picture in Brest (France) in 1943 and the shoulder loops (Schiffsstammabteilung der Nordsee) became obsolete in September 1939.

Another example of old insignia being worn long after they were oficially expired.

KM - 354bx.jpg

KM - 354ax - Gefreiter (der Nordsee) (1943, Brest).jpg

Edited by Odulf
On 08/04/2021 at 23:37, Odulf said:

A nice studio portrait of a KM Gefreiter, but... the photographer took this picture in Brest (France) in 1943 and the shoulder loops (Schiffsstammabteilung der Nordsee) became obsolete in September 1939.

Another example of old insignia being worn long after they were oficially expired.

KM - 354bx.jpg

KM - 354ax - Gefreiter (der Nordsee) (1943, Brest).jpg

Nice photo. This is why photos are so important. They show that regulations were not always followed regarding uniform insignia.

Cheers,

Larry

Edited by LarryT
12 hours ago, LarryT said:

Nice photo. This is why photos are so important. They show that regulations were not always followed regarding uniform insignia.

Cheers,

Larry

100% agree!

Thanks for the comments Odulf and Morten.:)

Here is a high-ranking KM Beamte official with the rank of Korvettenkapitan.

The patch on his lower arm shows that he was a High Grade career Technical official.

Cheers,

Larry

tech.jpg

Posted (edited)

Good show Larry! Crystal clear picture of a Technischer Beamter auf Kriegsdauer (a.K.) [for the duration of war], this category was to be distinguished by the silver cord border surrounding the branch badge on the lower sleeves.

KM - 000.jpg

Edited by Odulf
17 hours ago, Odulf said:

Good show Larry! Crystal clear picture of a Technischer Beamter auf Kriegsdauer (a.K.) [for the duration of war], this category was to be distinguished by the silver cord border surrounding the branch badge on the lower sleeves.

KM - 000.jpg

Thanks Odulf for the additional information, especially the information about the silver cord border.

Cheers,

Larry