News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

While helping clean out the bedroom of my wifes late Grandmother I found another piece to add to my items belonging to her Grandfather... his Kriegsmarine Watch.

I removed the metal strap he had added after the war, but from what i see there is no real consesus as to what the original straps looked like, and all the examples I could find have replaces straps.

I have no idea what the other watch is... it has absolutely no markings at all, but does have the kind of strap cheaper WW2 era watches had.

I am thinking of removing it to complete the Marine watch but hesitate as it may be a !watch of interest".... does anyone know what it could be?

From the quality I would have said from somewhere behind the Iron curtain... but the numbers and letters on the inside would not fit....

watch1.jpg

restwatch2.jpgwatch3.jpg

Chris, the Selza looks exactly like the one on my wrist at the mo only it's a non military Junghans, my strap is similar to the one on the unknown make (but obviously better quality :)) and dates to the 30s as far as I know. Apparently the buckle dates it if my info is correct.

As for the unknown make it's possibly a no name export post war Swiss watch. All watches are of interest, the Soviet ones I've seen have been small, around 30mm diameter and early post war, some were unmarked but I wouldn't call them poor quality compared to an every day Swiss watch.

Have you tried checking out the movement number?

Have a look at this site http://www.vintagewatchstraps.com/strapdetails.php He makes straps to order, mainly for the older trench type watch but also for later fixed lug watches like the one you show as well as the modern military watch. I've been very happy with all the straps I've bought from him.