News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some East German Headdress, Uniforms and Insignia

Hi Again, I am not sure what but something tells me that you like post WWII German militaria etc. LOL.  Like you, I too lie uniforms but they take up an inordinate amount of space even when not displayed like yours.  What else do you collect??  You appear to have a distinct interest in para so are you also interested in other nationality para gear??

Another fine selection of goodies and nicely displayed.  May I ask what the dagger is in the top right corner of your photo?

Thank you once again

Michael

Hello Michael,

You are correct...I am a fan of postwar German militaria, but my first passion is WW2 German. Browsing my saved websites when I realized I have not visited here in a while...Landed on this page. Like para, Volksmarine, Warsaw pact,

and of course Bundeswehr. Dagger is Hungarian Air Force dagger purchased for me by parents on a European trip. Sadly it is a repro...My name is Gus...

Cheers,

101_1501.JPG

Edited by gigoo
    error

Hi Gus,  Thank you for your message, photo and name!!  Yes, my primary collection is TR but as things have become more expensive and copies better, I have tended to fly off at tangents, sadly to the detriment of TR.  Having said that, I still buy German swords when I get the chance but really enjoy dabbling in other fields such as Visor caps, RAF, RN US, Russian, E/W/TR  German insignia, uniforms, medals and flags etc. I have a veritable house full of junk (my wife's description not mine).

Nice "34" and my imagination is running wild regarding the goodies hidden behind the polythene!!

Cheers Michael

Volksmarine.

Item 20 Junior Navy Officer's visor cap with gold coloured metal visor trim of similar pattern to the Bundesmarine equivalent grade cap.

Item 21 Navy Petty Officer's cap with unadorned shinny black visor. The cap device is of similar design to the officer's but made from embroidered silks with a metal national emblem at its center.

Item 22 Naval Officer's garrison style chip bag cap with small embroidered national roundel and gold trim to the crown.

Navy (5).JPG

Navy (4).JPG

Navy (2).JPG

Thanks Michael...have posted in the TR forum under the title "My war room"...Will post pic of what's behind the plastic after I get home and have access to my photos...Cheers

Gus

BTW...You have an outstanding collection yourself!

Item 23 This is a Volksmarine Senior Officer's visor with blue winter cover.  Identical to the cap detailed at Item 20, the only variation is in the visor embellishment. Rather than the scalloped effect, the embellishment comprises a pair of single arcs of gold coloured metal oak leaves. Each arc is formed by seven overlapping oak leaves positioned around the outer edge of the visor.  The chinstrap, common to Naval caps, is of good quality mat finished leather and of a standard design. The strap is superior to that worn on the Bundeswehr equivalent caps.  The cap device is identical to those worn by officers of the other services with the exception of its finish which is in bright gold coloured metal rather than silver.

Item 24 A Senior Officer's cap with a white summer cover but identical to item 23 in all other detail.

Navy (8).JPG

Navy (6).JPG

Edited by Michael R
    Incorrect detail

Navy (1).JPG

Navy (3).JPG

item 25 This cap is identical to Item 23 but with the addition of a General Officer's gold metal cap device on a shaped dark blue field replacing the standard Officer's badge and an additional inner arc of metal visor embellishment.  The chin strap, like the other General Officer's caps, already shown, is of gold metallic thread.

Item 26 A second Flag Officer's cap of identical style to that detailed above at Item 25.  However, this is probably a copy!  The cap badge and visor embellishment are both executed in gold metallic thread/wire and the chinstrap is of the standard leather pattern.  Your opinions are, as always, welcome.

Edited by Michael R