Anyone interested in Medical insignia collecting??

Michael R

Hi Michael, I am a Navy collector from Cape Town South Africa and as with most (all) collectors tend to find other badges and buy them without knowing the background.  I was fortunate to find 7 metal and 2 wire bullion small medical badges with kings crown today and while searching found your post with the small badge on the various rank slides, so thanks for posting them.  Then my question is what is the value and would you or anyone you know be interested in buying them from me.  Size 2.5 cm T-B and 2.2 across wings (L-R), lug fasteners on all metal badges.  Payment would be to South Africa and buyer to pay postage.

• 2 years later...

I am constantly trying to collect old/unique Flight Surgeon Wings and RAF Medical items. 

I recently picked up the below Cap Badge with a medical caduceus.  It has features that are similar to WW2 RAF Cap Badges, but it does not have a Crown.  Does anyone know what this is from?

Thanks,
Matt

IMG_5023.jpeg

Edited by malanmm

Paul

There is a gent who goes by 'MilMed' who seems quite knowledgeable and posts on the British Badge Forum.  I don't think he's a member here and not sure whether he's a Yank, a Brit or something else, but he might be worth connecting with.

I also have a new Facebook friend, 'Jimmy Socratic' , who is a serving member of the Canadian Medical Services branch - formerly the RCAMC - who is just getting into Great War medals.

Good luck with the quest!

Peter

Paul.  I can certainly ask MilMed if he is interested in joining in and sharing.  He seems quite knowledgable and willing to share that knowledge.

We're doing well here.  My adult son, who lives with us, did his last shift at MacDonalds on March 7, the day before Ontario was locked down.  He had worked their for 9 years, 10.5 months and yesterday one of the managers showed up at our door to drop of an award, which included a booklet with comments from all his managers.  He is a super sweet guy and all his managers were upset that he left, but that just made his day.

I'm doing some 'car birding' - we have a Bald Eagle nest I can see from a road - and yesterday I spent 3 hours, 4 beer and 7-8 episodes of 'Broklynn 99" hand sewing a mask for myself.  Will probably do one for the wife today.  Also discovered that our elder daughter, who works in a group home with 'challenged' adults, will get a $4/hour raise for the duration of the  emergency.  So, we're all good.  

I hope you're staying healthy and safe.  Are you back at work yet?

Peter

• 1 year later...

New here, but I too collect British medical and nursing. As time allows and as I become more familiar with this forum I will share some of my collection. Cannot compare to the fines ones I see in this thread, but we all have to start somewhere. I will try to post what I consider the centerpiece in my collection - two RAMC brassards worn in Bosnia in the 90s, given to me by the officer who wore them, with a picture of him wearing the one on the right, his signature and a brief account of his career. The red cross brassard does have the Army stamp on it, and neither have been cleaned since they were worn. I feel very fortunate to have them.

I also collect Home Guard, WAAC to WRAC, CD, FANY,  VAD, MERT, TMW, DARTS and some WLA. I am always interested in items folks might like to let go.

Terry

DSCF4007.JPG

DSCF4010.JPG

Edited by Terry37