News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Price for Red Star for Afghanistan

You did the right thing.  It was a "deal" for a reason.  I think that you dodged a bullet here.  

What was the citation on the catch up award?  What was it awarded for?

Quite fascinating! Sometimes I scratch my head with regard to research, and I've researched a ton of stuff over the years. I would have been very interested in seeing the veteran's documentation of the award. These things are quite strange sometimes...

This reminds me of a group of awards I researched that had been in the possession of a senior US Army general. He claimed to have been awarded three Orders of the Red Banner (yes, I did say "US Army" general!) He even wore the three separate ribbons on his uniform! A friend of mine purchased his uniforms and medals from the family back in the early 90s. I found out about the uniforms about ten years ago and asked to research the Red Banners. Interestingly, they were all Soviet awards to Soviet officers for the Berlin campaign! The medals had been in the possession of the general and then his family since 1945...or so the claim went...so how in the world did those medals come about? 

Strange things that sometimes "make you say, hmmmmm" :)

I will see if I can get a copy of his paperwork.  If I didn't have the above, and with what I saw from him I would be satisfied that it was legit.  Strange things do hopes, mistakes occur...you name it.  The three ORBs is incredible.