News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hard Serbian Miloš Obilić Medal for Bravery

• 3 months later...

I've posted the link to the auction in my previous reply (below the photos). It got sold on French ebay for 443 EUR around 10 days ago.
    It looks pretty similar to other Karađorđe Stars from this topic, the main difference is that unusual crown. They look like enameled solider's stars and the order presented in the catalog Igor was so kind to share with us looks the same.

Here's a comparison, on top of everything there's also some kind of mix-up with the central medallions on the first two orders, actually illustration and the first order with black background.
    01.thumb.JPG.586e56e45116c14df9d2331f7db5bcdf.JPG

To be honest that thought crossed my mind when I saw first example like that, but I think Delande's catalog proves such orders were being produced.
    Take a look at this one, I'm pretty sure someone took Bertrand's soldier's star and enameled it.
    1.jpg.ef01f8869fc2d7841652d672fc044c2d.jpg
    2.jpg.3143b0a404d99ce88c7779b4871753d2.jpg

On 10/12/2017 at 18:14, paja said:

I'm pretty sure I saw one similar order on a British officer's medal bar, I just have to remember where...

Here we go, major J. O. C. Orton's medal bar with unusual Karađorđe Star with swords. 
    It also looks like one of Bertrand's soldier's stars, possibly enameled later, by whom and why who knows. Certainly looks much better than the previous one...

A rare Great War Mesopotamia operations M.C., A.F.C. group of six awarded to Major J. O.C. Orton, Royal Air Force, late Norfolk Regiment and Royal Flying Corps

Serbia, Order of Karageorge, Fourth Class breast badge, with swords, silver-gilt and enamel, slight enamel damage to the last, otherwise generally good very fine.

Sold for £3,700

Source: www.dnw.co.uk
    59e72db4e93d8_OrtonJ.O.C.Major1.jpg.f83b213341f9fcfc953cf8ad40ba90c6.jpg

• 2 months later...
    On 10/16/2017 at 07:14, paja said:

To be honest that thought crossed my mind when I saw first example like that, but I think Delande's catalog proves such orders were being produced.
    Take a look at this one, I'm pretty sure someone took Bertrand's soldier's star and enameled it.
    1.jpg.ef01f8869fc2d7841652d672fc044c2d.jpg
    2.jpg.3143b0a404d99ce88c7779b4871753d2.jpg

and they got the colors wrong!

Seeing examples like that really sickens me, someone practically destroyed a perfectly good decoration. What a pity!

Igor, amazing catch, that silver medal is really perfect :beer: Thanks for excellent photos!

• 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...

now for sale 

Numbered Serbian 'Gold' Medal for Bravery (Milos Obilic)

NEW! 'Gold' Medal for Bravery (Milos Obilic), used in the Balkan War/WW1 period as award to Officers for battlefield bravery. Very attractive and numbered by hand engraving 'N.17' (bottom of reverse). We have only seen 2 numbered examples of similar medal in the past 40 years. It is said to be possible to conduct research on the recipient in Serbian sources but we will leave this to the new owner. Clearly, this was an early award. Medal in worn yet good condition. Remarkable, original ribbon is also worn and shows age and typical Swiss construction (ribbons used by the firm of Huguenin in Le Locle were of rather poor weave and threads separated easily). 36mm in diameter. This would make an excellent addition to any Serbian/WW1 medal collection. Item # Ser-43 (225)

Additional image. 

$225.00

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 4 years later...