News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Lenin's

Guest Darrell

Outstanding collection of Lenins Alan!!! WOW!!! :o Congratulations! :jumping:

As for resizing pictures, Windows XP can do it. Just right click on the original pic and on the list of things you can do, one is exactly "Resize Pictures". The rest is pretty easy.

I use Photoshop myself, as it also allows other things as crop, etc

Dolf

• Replies 121
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Alanirvine

Thank you.

Also, I tried to resize using XP and was able to locate "resize" which allows me to adjust the number of height and width pixels.

Question: what is the largest size that can be attached to a post? Is this height x width = max file size?

Alanirvine

Thank you.

Also, I tried to resize using XP and was able to locate "resize" which allows me to adjust the number of height and width pixels.

Question: what is the largest size that can be attached to a post? Is this height x width = max file size?

Alanirvine

Hi Alan

I have found that around 500 pixels wide on GMIC is about the max if you don't want to stretch the screen out. 600 is about the max I use for height.

Sorry, did I lose anyone with that tech talk, like "stretch the screen out"? This stuff is so Greek to me.

Chuck

Thank you.

Alanirvine

I believe that in your case, given the reduced number of your posts the maximum seize of a picture to post is 60Kb. After a certain number of posts (not sure how many but any Moderator can help clarifying this) the seize of your pics to post can increase to 110Kb.

Hope it helps,

Dolf

Guest Darrell

Hey guys .. I was reading McDaniel and Schmidt and it doesnt come out and say what the Lenin T6V1 were made of. I assume the head of the Lenin that is riveted to the pendant is silver? What is the main pendant itself made of?

Is it gold plated? Whats the base material. Thanks.

Edited by Darrell

Hey guys .. I was reading McDaniel and Schmidt and it doesnt come out and say what the Lenin T6V1 were made of. I assume the head of the Lenin that is riveted to the pendant is silver? What is the main pendant itself made of?

Is it gold plated? Whats the base material. Thanks.

The metal content didn't change during the suspension type. The head is platinum (and thus doesn't oxidize) and the base is gold (not plated).

Guest Darrell

The metal content didn't change during the suspension type. The head is platinum (and thus doesn't oxidize) and the base is gold (not plated).

Thanks mate ... you know what % Gold or the Carat value?

Darrel,

According to Shishkov & Muzalevsky, the metal mass in gr should be:

Platinium (Portrait): 2,75 +/- 0,3

Gold (Order base): 28,6 +/- 1,11

Gold (Connecting link - whatever that means, I'm not sure): 0,004 +/- 0,006

Silver (Order base): 0,753 +/- 0,029

Silver (Connecting link again...): 0,169 +/- 0,015

Total weight: 33,62 +/- 1,75

As for the karats: (This info is a bit confuse to me as I'm not sure I can understand all details, etc)

Order base: GSrM 950-25

Portrait: Pl99,8 and 99,93

Connecting link: SrM925

Solder: PlSr- 65

Hope it helps.

Maybe other members with scientific background (physics and/or chemistry I guess) can help with all those symbols...

In fact I'd suggest we create a new thread only for terms, etc used for these awards, a kind of dictionary for newcomers (and some not that new ;) )

Dolf

Guest Alanirvine

[attachmentid=32186]

Overse, Silver Head S#2081

Alanirvine

Edited by Alanirvine

Alan,

I see you were finally able to post your own pics, Congratulations!

With Photoshop (maybe other programs can also do it, I just don't know) you'd also be able to crop the pics/scans and eliminate all those background areas around the award, making it more visible.

Anyway, excellent work!

Cheers,

Dolf

Guest Alanirvine

Darrell,

Nothing more in the booklet except the usual pre-printed stuff.

Dolf, I still have to work to do on my scanning technique.

Thanks for the help and suggestions from everyone.

Alanirvine

[attachmentid=32184]Darrell,

The Order book for the Lenin.

Alanirvine

I've got to say that that's one of the best Lenin and document combos I've seen for a very long time! Congrats!

Now, time to research it to see what he got it for!

Dave

Guest Alanirvine

Dave,

I would like to do that. Do you have any suggestions on trhe best way to do that without me re-inventing the wheel?

Alanirvine