News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian Order for Bravery 1915

Christophe,

You should be able to right click the page with your mouse and then use the option to translate to English. Or copy and paste and then use Google Translate.

This is the section I was referring to, the English is not perfect but hopefully you will get the gist of it:

During the different periods of its existence, the Order of Courage and its soldier's badge were produced in different places - initially in Russia, and later in Austria-Hungary (Austria), Germany and here in the studios of Nikola Sabov, Strahil T Niloshev, Onik Odabashian, Onik Chakarov and Berge Kerestedzhiev. 

Hi Christophe,

In addition of those makers ,  Very small numbers of the Bravery Order were made in France

Here is a picture to what is believed to be the very first model of the 4th Class of the Order for Bravery made by V.L

The miniature is also made by V.L French makers made Those Orders are extremely rare

You can see the distinctive features of this model when compared with other models made other non French makers

Note the Bulgarian makers stepped-in in the later stages of WW2 and post War period. Mainly in the Regency and the Republican periods Their quality was not not very good, since the Orders were made in  small private workshops

Graf

001 (2).JPG

• 7 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Hi Igor,

Nice cross

Those crosses in silver are rare I I have one more It is marked 925 like yours. This cross was discussed in another forum.

I suspect that some of them are made by order by the awarded persons. The fact is that some of those Soldier Crosses were awarded to non Bulgarian officers mainly German ones.

The prove is that I came across of few  German awarding Documents  to German officers

Picture 726.jpg

1894_001.jpg

21 hours ago, Graf said:

Hi Igor,

Nice cross

Those crosses in silver are rare I I have one more It is marked 925 like yours. This cross was discussed in another forum.

I suspect that some of them are made by order by the awarded persons. The fact is that some of those Soldier Crosses were awarded to non Bulgarian officers mainly German ones.

The prove is that I came across of few  German awarding Documents  to German officers

Picture 726.jpg

1894_001.jpg

This cross with separate medallions , I have some without these parts 

DCFBE1B0-0F1E-4FA9-BF60-0E9CF2B91E3A.png

531D562D-6318-4C93-A220-498058A753D3.png

Your and my marked crosses one piece made 

653344C7-BB47-4FF9-83B0-966FC2750D0A.jpeg

0346A035-E970-4E19-95AE-3F8B154F23BC.jpeg

849A25FC-889F-45F5-B4E6-8FD657F3CF9E.png

6216661C-EE20-4341-B215-4855BB9F3FB5.jpeg

• 1 month later...
    • 3 months later...

The latest in my collection

Nice Box for the 3rd Class

Notice the size of the box and the bed for the cross

I also, by accident, noticed that the 4th Class of the 1915-1916 is nearly as the size of the 3rd  class and is bigger to the other Models of 4th Class

009.JPG

012.JPG

002.JPG

008.JPG

001.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

Thanks

I am sharing because we are still discovering facts that are not mentioned or shown in the existing  literature

That way we can improve our knowledge Even now when i go through my collection I still discover things i have not noticed in the past

Graf

Hi Graf,

Nice finding as always.

The reason is, I’m quite certain, that the 15-16 4 and 3 grade are from the same manufacturer. They are visibly different that the “usual” 15-17 4 grade. It’s be interesting to compare the “usual” ; garde 15-17 with this one.

Regards,

Vazov

06193F0F-62D9-45C1-A1F2-62E5B2E135A9.jpeg

Edited by V.Vazov

• 5 months later...