News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WWII EK I Screwback (No makers mark, non-magnetic)

Hi all,

I have started doing some research on a collection that has been sitting in an attic space for a number of years. Included is this EK I screwback with no makers mark and a non-magnetic core. Looks like a one piece construction (compared to a three piece EK II that is also in the collection).

What do you think? Good chance it is genuine or is it a total dud?

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

Edited by IIAND

I have gone through my EKI SBs and I think maybe a Meybauer but not sure.  The disc is trying to say it is a Wiedmann but I have never seen this disc before (maybe fake).  Here is a picture of my Meybauer for comparison.  There are new fakes out there that make it hard to be certain (I don't know the fakes).

Meybauer.jpg

Thanks so much Jim for the pics and info! Still not 100% convinced about the authenticity of my SB. The core is making me dubious as well. It seems very...smooth. I have found it very hard to find another example like mine.

Thanks Jim and Kasle. Safe to say I consider myself well and truly stung on this one. The hunt continues! I would love a 65 marked EK1 if you or anyone else comes across one!

I will keep this as a gentle reminder of what NOT to buy ;).