News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Paul may well be correct.  As to context, Queipo de Llano went to Berlin [without Franco's authorization!] just before the last Legion Condor contingent returned to Germany in March, 1939 to thank & welcome them back home.  I cannot make out any condor legion badges on the Germans, however.   German Spanish Cross awards commenced in April, 1939 so would not expect to see such awards in an image taken in March, 1939.

Of course he had many other encounters with German military figures.

Here's an image of a younger Queipo de Llano . 

imgres.jpg

Hi Paul,

I think you´re right with him, thanks a lot much appreciated.

Here is another photo that came with the bundle, because of

the architectural of the building I would rather think Italy or Spain.

DSCI1738.JPG

Regards
    Andreas

Edited by dedehansen

• 9 months later...

Hello : I think that is not Gral Queipo , Looks different , older and shorter in height , he wears a jacket with open collar shirt and tie . that was not common . the Republic changed in 1932 the open collar jacket of the 1922 regulations to an closed collar one . Only durin 1943 a open collared jacket was reintroduced . probably the photo is dated from 1943 onwards and taked in Spain and the Gral is receiving a German General and entourage visiting the country . 

• 3 years later...

Is the Spanish Army general José López-Pinto Berizo (1876-1942), chef der "Región Militar de Burgos", visit the border frontier of San Sebastián with german general Gustav von Wietersheim