News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Rgt. General G?ring Parachutist Grouping

Hello Guys,

I'd like to take a few moments to share a, I think, remarkable grouping that I recently had the pleasure of acquiring for my collection. This grouping belongs to one of the first documented Parachutists of the Third Reich, one Johann Heitkamp, of the 4./Regiment General G?ring, later serving with 4./Fallschirmj?ger Regiment 2 and Wachbataillon der Luftwaffe. Berlin. He was awarded one of the first known Juncker Parachutist Badges, a superb 1st pattern which he had engraved with his name and original unit. His Para Document carries the date 14 Dezember 1936, roughly a month after the Parachutists Badge was instituted! Please pay particular attention to the number on the Para Badge Document (43!) Okay, enough of the rambling - I'll let the the rest of his docs tell the story! I hope you enjoy looking at it!

ERIC

Para Badge Doc signed by Generalmajor Hans J?rgen Stumpff, Chef des Luftwaffe Personalamts/RLM '33 - '37

[attachmentid=31989]

Edited by ERIC

An amazing group! Interesting to see an Assmann eagle with C E Juncker's hallmark, indicating that they must have sourced the eagles from Assmann for the batch from which this badge came.

http://www.majorplm.com/collections/Coll-G...smann-Ivan.html

I wanted to link to the images you'll find by following the above link but no links to "dynamic pages" allowed. Thanks for showing us this group. Paratrooper Number 43! You lucky man, Eric! Rare to have the Prague Bar to a Para too.

PK

Edited by PKeating

• 2 weeks later...

Not an Assman eagle, but a first (or early) pattern Juncker eagle in the same style.

An amazing group! Interesting to see an Assmann eagle with C E Juncker's hallmark, indicating that they must have sourced the eagles from Assmann for the batch from which this badge came.

http://www.majorplm.com/collections/Coll-G...smann-Ivan.html

I wanted to link to the images you'll find by following the above link but no links to "dynamic pages" allowed. Thanks for showing us this group. Paratrooper Number 43! You lucky man, Eric! Rare to have the Prague Bar to a Para too.

PK