News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 70
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

Never had girls like the one on the right when I was in the Army!!!!!!

Maybe I joined 60 years to late, and the wrong Army???

But Gordon,

Imagine joining the 'right' army 60 years earlier and getting the wrong girl. Now that would be a bummer.

Tony

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony, Good point, well presented!!!!!

:off topic: Slighty off topic, but I suppose worthy of pointing out. Have you seen the film Enemy at the Gates? Theres a scene in it where hero gets it on with a female sniper. Pretty as she is I can`t help but think they`ve both been living in the field for weeks, enough said!!

Guest Rick Research

Is that Adrian Stevenson's mob, "2nd Guards Division," I think. They reenact all over Britain, and the only ones with a tank I've heard about. It had broken off a wheel a year ago, hopefully been repaired by now.

And yes, Soviet women WERE in combat units, this IS accurate and

was that a stampede I just heard in the reenactor world? :rolleyes::cheers:

Hi Rick,

Not sure which group this young lady is from, I happened across her picture on this website,

http://www.jagdtiger.de/index2.htm

whilst trying to find info out about the jadgtiger. I`d like to think that all the females in this group are little mixies, but fear that she is unique. But lets face it what better PR, to get the recruits in!!!!!

This is the caption under the picture.........

The Russian Chicks with a Tank!

This great picture is a donation from Ivan Borisovich Karkotsky (aka Bill Gibbs) from the 193rd Streltskova Diviziya, RKKA. Comrades Sarah and Mia obviously like their T-34. [The picture of the reenactors was taken during a "Living History" event at the Virginia Museum of Military Vehicles. Thank you very much Bill!]

• 1 month later...

How 'bout Oksana Federova, Miss Universe 2002, and a REAL St Petersburg police officer? :jumping:

If you care to see more: http://fedorova-oksana.ru/

Dave,

You mean, she WAS a police officer before being Miss Universe, right?

With such "attributes" I'm sure she can make much more money as an international model rather than as a police officer... :D

Dolf

Guest Rick Research

Now now boys! Those last three are not "reenactors"--those are REAL. Post #9 blonde is an army Senior Lieutenant in (not sure of new insignia) bridging/construction troops. Then the brunette is a naval Lieutenant (Ensign). Not sure what the two Federation medals are--something new and commemorative I suppose.

Handcuffs.

I'm sorry... where was I? :blush:

Hmmm. Not like the old Cold War days!!!

[attachmentid=36655]

Now now boys! Those last three are not "reenactors"--those are REAL. Post #9 ... the brunette is a naval Lieutenant (Ensign). Not sure what the two Federation medals are--something new and commemorative I suppose.

Handcuffs.

I'm sorry... where was I? :blush:

Thanks Rick!

A naval Lieutenant then!...

Oh boy, I'd be 30 years younger and I guess I'd... join the Navy... :love::lol:

Dolf

How 'bout Oksana Federova, Miss Universe 2002, and a REAL St Petersburg police officer? :jumping:

If you care to see more: http://fedorova-oksana.ru/

Brings a whole new meaning to "Are you coming along quietely or will I have to restrain you Sir?" - "Oh Yes please, pass the handcuffs" :love:

:rolleyes::speechless: "She's coming to take me away, hehe hoho hehe hoho! :speechless::rolleyes:

Kevin in Deva.

• 1 month later...

Very nice picture....

Enemy at the Gates is the best Soviet Based Word War II produced its a must for any fan of the Soviet Union.

Its a bit glossy 'Hollywood' but the details in it are fantastic!

Oh and then there is that girl, nuf said :jumping:

I suggest you have a look at the German movie called Stalingrad. It has English sub-titles.

Very nice picture....

Enemy at the Gates is the best Soviet Based Word War II produced its a must for any fan of the Soviet Union.

Its a bit glossy 'Hollywood' but the details in it are fantastic!

Oh and then there is that girl, nuf said :jumping:

I have EatG, and was fascinated the 1st time I saw it.

Still like to watch it from time to time, mainly for a few scenes, such as the panoramic view of the city, seen from the left bank of the Volga when Zaitsev gets out of the train, or the Stuka attacking the boats during the river crossing... Pretty well done, and as far as I can imagine there are chances those scenes are not far from the real thing.

But each time I watch it again I'm shocked by the anti Soviet feelings of director J.J.Annaud! And most of the dialogues they are so poor and so much the Hollywood style, so far from the Russian/Soviet way :(

Can't remember where exactly but I've read somewhere that people from Volgograd (WWII Vets included) decided either to interdict the movie to be shown in theatres there, and/or if shown it should be followed by a real documentary of the real Battle... :o

As for the girl, well, Rachel Weisz has indeed a special charm... ;)

Dolf