News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Show us your K.u.K. Kriegsmarine cap tally photos

Von Thronstahl

One of my collecting obsession is definitely KuK Kriegsmarine. Especially cap tally or Mützenband   photos. I hope I am not alone here.  Show us what you got.

Here are few of mine:

Photos of same man wearing 2 different cap tallies. On the first photo he wears KuK Kriegsmarine tally and on the second photo S.M.Tb. 97F tally.  S.M.Tb. 97F was KuK torpedo boat, class TB 82F (1915-1916).

image_2.jpg

img318.jpg

image_1.jpg

img317.jpg

1.  2 sailor on river monitor  Bodrog wearing S.M.S. Bodrog tallies.  This boat, to some info, fired first shots in the WW1. 

2. S.M.S. Lussin tally

3. S.M.S. Bellona tally

image_3.jpg

img308.jpg

image_5.jpg

img304.jpg

image_4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
    • 6 months later...
    • 2 years later...

Very Interesting ! what a diversity of faces. If one thinks about the KuK Marine ,its natural , Germans ,Hungarians , South Slaves specially Croats and Slovenes , Poles , Czechs , Ruthenes ,Italians ,all served in the Austro Hungarian Navy. 

small addition to the topic of SMS Viribus Unitis -  Military Merit Cross 3rd Class with War Decoration and with particular dedication on the reverse (2nd from right). Obviously presented as a gift to unknown officer serving on SMS Viribus Unitis in 1914, probably closely after outbreak of the WWI. 

small_IMG_0401.JPG