News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My latest neck order

Pieter, The Bertrand-Bokassa relationship in fact spawned much more than lucrative 'medals' contracts.  Following Bokassa's overthrow, many French press articles excoriated Bertrand's alleged  'medals for diamonds' greed.  Bertrand supplied almost all imperial regalia [including crowns, sceptres plus things like a large imperial eagle starburst insignia still perched over the defunct entry to Bokassa's 'palace' complex inBerengo], got a contract for 'merchandizing' supplies for the Imperial Court, reportedly including things from champagne to school uniform thread, and subcontracting manufacture of the THRONE!!  All at 'competitive pricing!!!'   

A palace  gate with symbol.jpg

B'sThrone.jpg

Edited by 922F
    spelchek

• Replies 51
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

922F, thanks for your additional information on the connection of Arthus Bertrand with Bokasa

I remember visiting Arthus Bertrand many years ago at Rive Gauche,  a store in old fashioned style and the only one it had. Now it has several luxurious stores in Paris. I recently visited its main store at Rue Royale close to Place de la Concorde, the shop full of expensive jewelry; orders somewhere in a corner. Probably as a result of the fortune it made from Bokasa. Well, Roman emperor Vespasianus already said pecunia non olet.

Pieter