News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New thread with pics - seeking info on these old British war medals

last batch of medals for now

Brit big 3.png

Brit15.png

running into load problems

This is a pain in the ass to get pics uploaded ... don't be expecting better pics anytime soon on the site

will send via email

I don't need to make everyone happy with the pics ... just a few interested buyers

Thanks for understanding

I'd like to buy the Victorian Order medal - last group picture ...b334.png bottom row, third from the end. How much do you want for it? And maybe a couple of others depending on price.

Greg.

Hi,

Nice collection but not all British, Canada, Australia, India, Africa and one from Russia among them. If you Google Military Medals for each country, you should be able to browse through medals and learn more about them a little quicker there. Do not be in a hurry to sell any until you have researched more fully about them.

Regards,

Duncan.

9 hours ago, paul wood said:

There are some potentially interesting items, naming details on those that are would be extremely useful (in many ways more useful than the pictures).

Paul

9 hours ago, Jerry B said:

the Boer war and great war medals are always interesting, as Paul posted the naming helps with value or even who they might appeal to.  I for instance only collect to Welshmen or Welsh units.

Yes I picked up a jewelers loupe so I can read the small engraving enscriptions ( names - units etc )

I was not aware that affects the value so much. I appreciate the tips and info

3 hours ago, dunmac96 said:

Hi,

Nice collection but not all British, Canada, Australia, India, Africa and one from Russia among them. If you Google Military Medals for each country, you should be able to browse through medals and learn more about them a little quicker there. Do not be in a hurry to sell any until you have researched more fully about them.

Regards,

Duncan.

The ammo can they were all stored in said: 'British medals' so I just assumed they were all British medals.

Yea I am in no hurry to sell as I am still not sure of each medals value. I honestly would not know if one was a $100 medal and another next to it might be $800 ??

I am a new member here and do not want to break any rules about the proper way to sell them here.

I will definitely attempt to negotiate a fair buy/sell deal once I know the selling price is fair to both myself and the prospective buyer. And the sale follows the rules of the site here.

I am a 100% honest straight shooter.

8 hours ago, Greg said:

I'd like to buy the Victorian Order medal - last group picture ...b334.png bottom row, third from the end. How much do you want for it? And maybe a couple of others depending on price.

Greg.

Please try to be more specific showing a pic of which medal ( or a number of 1-38 )

1st group pic was 1-18

2nd group was 19-38

counting left to right starting at top row

I will inspect it for name markings and update here and if the site allows .... you are welcome to submit an offer. As I have no clue about value of the medals ( I am guessing $100-900ea depends on which medal )

Many of the medals ( the round ones ) have engravings on the side edge.

is that individual serviceman name and unit markings ? or is that part of the medal ?

Someone expressed interest in medal #15 - Australian General service medal

It is engraved on the edges as such:  82922 C A WEBB

pics

Australian1  #15 .png

Australian2 #15.png

If anyone can inform me an approx. value ( in US dollars ) of this medal I would appreciate it !

thank you

I think this will be a fun thread for the members and myself and it will give an opportunity for me to learn something about them along the way and also some of the members here an opportunity to purchase some medals to add to your collections !!

9 hours ago, Greg said:

Greg.

I am guessing this is the medal ?? Please understand I need specific help to know which exact medal all of you are interested in ( try to use number method 1-38 )

This is medal #36 - Guessing its called a Victorian Order Medal ??

This medal DOES NOT have any engraving on the edges. You can clearly see the front and back in these pics

If anyone cares to throw out an approx. value in US dollars for this medal I would appreciate it ( thank you )

Victorian Medal1 #36.png

Trying to add a pic of the reverse side .... the site is acting up and will post it when I can

21 hours ago, StrkAliteN said:

last batch of medals for now

Brit big 3.png

Brit15.png

running into load problems

This is a pain in the ass to get pics uploaded ... don't be expecting better pics anytime soon on the site

will send via email

I don't need to make everyone happy with the pics ... just a few interested buyers

Thanks for understanding

The group here is medals 19-38

Please use this numbering system as unlike you guys the names of the medal do not help me identify it. Call it #25 with the red stripe ribbon or whatever ( example )

Value depends. I have seen a few on eBay and they have sold for $80 up to $350. I have seen them listed for $800 and they don't sell. I have no idea what is a reasonable price. Any help guys??

Greg.

12 minutes ago, Greg said:

Value depends. I have seen a few on eBay and they have sold for $80 up to $350. I have seen them listed for $800 and they don't sell. I have no idea what is a reasonable price. Any help guys??

Greg.

Are you certain its called a Victorian Order medal ?

I am googling that word phrase and searching online and I am not locating any medals that look similar to the one in the pic ??

The vast majority are British [or Imperial/Commonwealth].  Most public libraries will have at least one book about them.  If you can attach names, even if only in your own head, to medals, these dialogues will be far less confusing and your chances of selling them much improved. :)

This particular material is not linked directly to the hero or his unit, but come from another air assult division journal. 

The schematic depiction of specific battle engagements of assault arcraft. 

The first one is against enemy fighter planes 12 IL-2 and 4 Yak-1 against 14 FW-190 and 2 ME-109 on 21 Aug 1944. Result reported: 1 IL-2 shot down, 1 damaged. 1 pilot and 2 rear gunners killed. 1 FW-190 crushed. 

The second one is 15 minute ground attack by 6 IL-2 on a convoy on 13 Sep 1944. 

IMG_8445.JPG

IMG_8446.JPG

Edited by Egorka