News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Question about UK and USA pilot wings

I am chinese, donot know about UK. so want got help.

on ebay , can found UK pilot wings as my show. but most of them are sweetheart brooch.

i want ask:  what size for real UK wings at WWI and WWII ? my mean is not sweetheart brooch. real used for pilot. 

same question for USA. and who can show a real USA wings about WW ii ?

094016u0d1o8z4hettptgx.jpg

• 5 months later...

Not sure I can be of much help as I don't know a great deal about RAF insignia.

The wings you show are imho Sweetheart style jewellery and not official issue. I am not even sure I have ever seen RAF pilot wings in anything other than cloth but I'm sure someone more RAF knowledge should be able to help.

This link seems to cover everything

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aviator_badge

Sorry can't be any more helpful

Simon

The British Badge Forum - http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/ - has a whole section on the Royal Flying Corps and RAF.  I'm sure someone there can give you the dimensions of the cloth RAF wings.  Coldstream is correct, I think, in saying that RAF [and RCAF, RAAF, RIAF] pilots did not wear metal wings, only the cloth wings, sewn on the left breast of the tunic.