Association of Recipients of the Albanian Retreat Medal - List of Members

• 7 months later...

Unfortunately, the list is far from beeing concluded. I couldn't find my predecessors, but what is even more important, some of the most prominent generals in Yugoslav army are missing.

But, to be fair, this is good beginning.

Were your predecessors members of the Association or just recipients of the Albanian Retreat Medal? 

I don't know the exact number of recipients, when it comes to Serbian citizens there were at least 142.000, not all of them were members of the Association. 

Also, it seems like there were two Associations, first one from the interwar period and the second one from 1967(?). That site contains list of over 7.000 names and it is stated that those are members who joined the Association after its institution in 1967.

Father of my paternal grandmother was an officer in reserve ( one of 1300 corporals) and we still have his memberships card of the interwar Association. I think that he past away in the same year of the formation of that new Association. 

Radmilo, many thanks for clarification.

BTW, he was the recipient of Albania retreat medal even thought his unit (Student battalion from Skoplje) just barely passed troughs Albanian mountains on their way to Northern Greece. They never laid their foot on the Corfu island.

You are welcome.

I think there was a list of 1300 corporals published somewhere but it's also incomplete because I couldn't find my family member in it.

When I return home I will open a separate topic about it. 

At least six of my family members  went through Albania, four of whom are direct line ancestors. Unfortunately only two medals and one awarding document were passed over to me. 

Edited by paja
  • 2 years later...

Hello,

I have a 1915 'Retreat through Albania' commemorative medal. It is suspended on a NEWLY issued triangle green/2 black stripes ribbon. I would like to replace this new ribbon by an original/vintage one.

Does anybody know where or if it is possible to find an original ribbon?

Thank you in advance for any info.

Most of those medals on the market come without a ribbon or with a replacement one. Sometimes there are medals with original ribbons but I've never seen an original ribbon selling by itself. It would be best to wait for a good piece with original ribbon and possibly buy it for a reasonable price.