News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

It's ALL Your Fault !

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

Yes it is! :shame: MAKING me join this Mongolian cult!!!!

Oh sure, I can still DELUDE myself that I am NOT "really" a Mongolian collector now--

I'm a Moscow Enamel Buddies collector. :rolleyes:

[attachmentid=32461]

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. You know WHY I picked these two out of a little pile? :speechless1:

[attachmentid=32462]

Well, DO ya, punks? :unsure:

It's because on these TWO medals, I have every number from 2 through 9 stamped for any future questions about stamp styles-- missing only 0 and 1. Look what you people have done to me! :o

You KNOW I cannot resist serial numbers and trying to link them to specific dates. :speechless:

You should all be ashamed!!!! :shame:

:P

Well . . .

. . . you seem, on quick glance, to have a nice "We Won" (Whoopie :jumping:) in the first "thick" (Type 1) style (Low = 111/High = 50432, so lowish numbered) and an even nicer "We Won" (Whoopie :jumping:) in the second "thin" (Type 2) style (Low = 50504/High = 54706). EXCEPT your second one seems to be a new, overlapping, "low" number for that style (viz. 49997 -- if I read it aright). Is the second thick or thin or is it a scan artifact??

That may be more interesting that your arcane 0 through 9 numerology (you and Madonna and the Kabbala?).

But the MOST aspect interesting is that you, Oh Rick of Ages, have found a new addiction, a new slippery slope. Welcome to the Mongol opium/phaleristic den. Chengis Khan would be proud and we welcome you.

Guest Rick Research

Thick or thin how? Where?

Actually, the second one is 45,997...

oh sure, and now I won't be able to sleep tonight!

Guest Darrell

Yeah .. that's all I need .. start collecting Mongolian stuff :shame:

Like German/Russian/British/Canadian/US/French isnt enough :speechless:

Edited by Darrell

Thick or thin how? Where?

Actually, the second one is 45,997...

oh sure, and now I won't be able to sleep tonight!

Rick, it seems, like Ed may have mixed this Medal up with the "25 years of MPR"-Medal!?

Indeed a slippery slope. :speechless: This is actually a really nice Medal and i can provide one of the missing digits:

Rick, it seems, like Ed may have mixed this Medal up with the "25 years of MPR"-Medal!?

No . . . there seem to be "thicks" and "thins" of Medal "We Won" (A 41) and there are "thicks" and "thins" of the Medal "25th Anniversary of the Mongolian People's Revolution" (A 42). If you add an implicit Type 3 on goofy pentagonal suspension for the Northern Friends, that gives us three varieties of each.

Guest Rick Research

The lower numbered one is marginally thicker overall, ( rather than | from the side (exagerating both those) but is only marginally heavier-- I assume just the "cookie baking" odds of the casting process.

Every single one I have seen (6, now) has had a slightly DIFFERENT version of the MTX screw nut, varying in metal and thickness.

No . . . there seem to be "thicks" and "thins" of Medal "We Won" (A 41) and there are "thicks" and "thins" of the Medal "25th Anniversary of the Mongolian People's Revolution" (A 42). If you add an implicit Type 3 on goofy pentagonal suspension for the Northern Friends, that gives us three varieties of each.

Ahhh, thanks, gentlemen, i never heard about that before. I knew about the "thick" and "thin" 25 years MPR, but not about "thick" and "thin" "We Won" Medals. Do you have ever seen this on pentagonal suspension? I have seen the 25years MPR Medal on this kind of suspension, but never the "We Won" Medal.

Thanks again :beer:

Guest Rick Research

I saw one once, on a beautiful silk ribbon in the exact colors of the enamel suspension "ribbon," to a Soviet officer who had had all of his Medals award booklets BOUND together inside a custom folder with his Orders Book.

At the time, I thought his awards were too boring and the price too high... but if anybody comes across that group, it is unique from the "all in one" binding and the Mongolian Victory mounted Soviet style on his medal bar.

I saw one once, on a beautiful silk ribbon in the exact colors of the enamel suspension "ribbon," to a Soviet officer who had had all of his Medals award booklets BOUND together inside a custom folder with his Orders Book.

At the time, I thought his awards were too boring and the price too high... but if anybody comes across that group, it is unique from the "all in one" binding and the Mongolian Victory mounted Soviet style on his medal bar.

Interesting. That would have been a nice group, like it seems. In the Herfurth-Cataloge there is the 25 years MPR-Medal pictured with a soviet suspension and there are additionally the animal-symbols enameled, so there seem to be a special version for foreigners from both of these medals?!

One of the dealers -- not The Usual One -- has an impressive group on offer now

http://www.russian-medals.net/vasyagin.htm

with the Mongolian 50 MPR (A46), 50 MPA (A47), and #) KG (A 45) medals all on Soviet pentagonal suspensions, but teh the generic red we-don't-know-or-care-what-the-right-ribbon-is ribbon. It's be hidden away anyway. Also 2 RCBs.

If you have a spare $49K. Ha ha ha ha . . . .

One of the dealers -- not The Usual One -- has an impressive group on offer now

http://www.russian-medals.net/vasyagin.htm

with the Mongolian 50 MPR (A46), 50 MPA (A47), and #) KG (A 45) medals all on Soviet pentagonal suspensions, but teh the generic red we-don't-know-or-care-what-the-right-ribbon-is ribbon. It's be hidden away anyway. Also 2 RCBs.

If you have a spare $49K. Ha ha ha ha . . . .

Yes, i have seen that one. Very impressive and very expensive :speechless1: