News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here are a few pictures from the Moscow Parade courtesy of the BBC. I see that a lot of soldiers on parade were in period uniform, where did all this come from ?

Guest Rick Research

We had about 1 minute of this on our television-- and THAT was from the BBC in America.

I have not heard about or seen an OFFICIAL 60th Anniversary of Victory Medal, which is odd, since they've handed them out since 1965 "on the tens."

There are so many phony "alternate" medals out there these days-- purportedly being "issued" by the Communist Party and so on, that it may take a while to figure out what is "issue" and what is "mere vanity."

The 1995 medals were, shocking to me, for sale to collectors a year before the old veterans got them. That's what makes me wonder whether NO medal was churned out for the rapidly thinning numbers, this time around.

We are now at where WW1 veterans were in 1978, for time removed and thinning ranks. Soon they will all be gone.

• 3 months later...

We had about 1 minute of this on our television-- and THAT was from the BBC in America.

I have not heard about or seen an OFFICIAL 60th Anniversary of Victory Medal, which is odd, since they've handed them out since 1965 "on the tens."

Rick,

There has been one officially instituted in 2004 (in advance...).

Here it is :

Ch.

beer.gif  Is that really the "real" one or one of those lunatic "There Is TOO Still A USSR" Communist Party ones?

Rick,

It is the "real one", instituted by the Government of the Federation of Russia.

But, you are right, it looks like an Umalatova one who has been created 10 years ago (I think) to commemorate the Victory in the GPW.

Both of them display the Order of Victory.

Cheers.

Ch.

Anniversary Medal "60 Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945 "

Here is the text of the decree of the President of the Russian Federation, that institutes it :

Decree of the President of the Russian Federation n? 277

28 February 2004

" The "60 Years of the Victory over Great Patriotic (Domestic) War 1941-1945 " medal is awarded to: Military men and the persons of civilian structure accepted in the ranks of Armed forces of the USSR participation in operations on fronts of Great Domestic War, guerrillas and members of the underground organizations that operated during the Great Domestic War on temporary occupied territories of the USSR, military men and the persons of civilian structure who served during Great Domestic War in Armed forces of the USSR, the persons who have been awarded the medals "For the Victory over Germany in Great Domestic War 1941-1945", "For the Victory over Japan", and also the persons having the certificate of the participant of war; Workers of rear, honoured for self-denying work within Great Domestic War by awards of the USSR, the medals "For valorous work in Great Domestic war 1941-1945","For labour valour","For labour difference","For defense of Leningrad","For defense of Moscow","For defense of Odessa","For defense of Sevastopol","For defense of Stalingrad","For defense of Kiev","For defense of Caucasus","For defense of Soviet Artic"; Former minor prisoners of concentration camps, a ghetto and other places of the compulsory maintenance created by fascists and their allies during the second world war; The citizens who have worked not less of six months during from June, 22nd, till May, 9th, 1945, excepting an operating time in areas, temporarily occupied by the enemy; Citizens of the foreign states which are not entering into the Commonwealth of Independent States, who battled in structure of military national formations in the ranks of Armed forces of the USSR, in structure of guerrilla groups, underground groups, other antifascist formations, brought the significant contribution to the Victory over Great Domestic War.

The Anniversary medal " 60 years of the Victory over Great Domestic war 1941-1945 " rushes on the left party of a breast and settles down after Zhukov's medal."

Ch.

• 3 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

It's odd-- I have yet to see one of these, but the 1995s were available here by the boxful BEFORE :angry: the Soviet veterans got theirs--

amybe unexpected efficiency/security at the Mint THIS time.