New insignia for Defence senior appointments

TacHel

The Defence Ministry has issued new insignia for senior appointments, from commander-in-chief of the army all the way down to individual unit commanders, akin the Russian navy's surface ship and sub commander's badge.  Air force squadron commanders, division commanders, chiefs of military hospitals, regimental, brigade...  Worn over the right breast pocket.  I've seen them in both metal and cloth.

I've seen some of them, there's probably a ton of different ones.  Here's a sample below.  As I find more info, I'll fill you in.  These will most definitely become highly collectible!

senior appointments.jpg

Here's one for a chief of a military hospital, clinic or sanatorium.

russian chief of military hospital.jpg

Commander land forces wearing his senior appointment badge over the right breast pocket.

russian general 1.jpg

Edited by TacHel

Chief of the personnel office of the Defence Ministry wearing his senior appointment badge over the right breast pocket.

russian general 2.jpg

Insignia (cloth) for the commander of a railway troop brigade.

russian rr brig chief.jpg

It appears these were instituted by Order of the Minister of National Defence No 490 of 9 August 2016.  From what I read in a Russian forum, this puppy is approximately 100 pages thick!

russian order 490.jpg

Edited by TacHel

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...